Something to cheer you all up. Please advise me on this.

Options
speegs
speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
When my Dad passed his exams and later became an FCA (which I believe might stand for Fat Chartered Accountant) he put his certificate in our downstairs toilet.

Well now I've finished my AAT and I also have a certificate. OK so I am not an FCA, but I will be an MAAT. I think I should also be able to put my certificate in the downstairs toilet were all the guests to my house are bound to see it (at some point).

The thing is my parents are saying that there is no room left in the downstairs toilet as it is full of my Dad's smutty pictures (very tasteless!). So what should I do? I did think about hanging it on the outside of our front door, but someone might steel it. My parents think it should have pride and place in the our hallway. But I want to put it in the downstairs loo and they won't let me and it just isn't fair (I am now stamping my feet) :crying: What should I do?

Comments

• welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Why not set up a practice at home, then not tell your dad that he can no longer display these pictures because they contravene numerous laws -then there should be loads of room for your new certificate (and the others to come!)
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Suggestions:

A few of ideas spring to mind:

1. Point out to Dad that his certificates are over 100 years old and could be displayed in the local museum. :001_tt2:

2. Build a new and superior loo downstairs - when guests are given a choice they are sure to choose the best facilities. :thumbup1:

3. Remind Dad that all the visitors who come to your house have already seen his certificates and have totally lost interest in them now. He can take pride - by association - in your certificates. :cool2:

4. Move out - you can do what you like if you are in your own house! :thumbup:

(Alternatively, you could put your MAAT on the floor!!!!!!!!!) :tongue_smilie:
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • square-peg
    square-peg Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    anniem wrote: Β»
    A few of ideas spring to mind:

1. Point out to Dad that his certificates are over 100 years old and could be displayed in the local museum. :001_tt2:

2. Build a new and superior loo downstairs - when guests are given a choice they are sure to choose the best facilities. :thumbup1:

3. Remind Dad that all the visitors who come to your house have already seen his certificates and have totally lost interest in them now. He can take pride - by association - in your certificates. :cool2:

4. Move out - you can do what you like if you are in your own house! :thumbup:

(Alternatively, you could put your MAAT on the floor!!!!!!!!!) :tongue_smilie:

Needed a giggle this morning...........thanks for that anniem! :lol:
  • speegs
    Options
    OK - Now I am really shocked and upset.

My Dad has now taken down my level 2 and 3 certificates and says that I can only put up my level 4 certificate. AND STILL NOT IN THE LOO.

Plus I just rang the AAT and they said that there are yet more certificates to come. A Membership certificate and a Members in Practice certificate. Oh Joy.
  • Petal
    Petal Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Wait until he and your Mum are out then rip down his old pics and put up his and your certificates in fresh new frames. I bet once its done he won't bother to change it!
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Tell your dad that he is now the talk of the AAT Discussion Forum!
  • anniem
    Options
    speegs wrote: Β»
    OK - Now I am really shocked and upset./QUOTE]

Hi Speegs,

I didn't mean to upset you;

next move - Compromise

1. Joint Brass Plate beside the front door?

2. Have mirror engraved with all your accreditations and replace original bathroom mirror - brings a whole new meaning to admiring oneself? (The mirror doesn't already count as one of his certificates - does it?)

3. Reframe all certificates in the bathroom into one big 'family achievement' frame?

(Bear in mind that if you wish to acquire too much wall space he may well deem fit to put your rent up - especially in light of your new increased earning capacity!!!!!)

You still also have the option of moving out? Perhaps he has an ulterior motive.

love you lots Anniem x :thumbup:

PS. You can rely on us, as the members of the forum, to assist with advice on any technical aspect!
  • speegs
    Options
    Hi anniem

You did not upset me. Don't worry.

I have come up with the perfect solution. Out toilet bowl is old and cracked so I think it is time to have a new one. I have contacted a bathroom manufacturer today and for a fee he will put all of my certificates around the inside and outside edges of the toilet bowl and glaze them in. :lol:

Perfect.

Now people will not only be able to wipe their feet on me as I will be a MAT (oops I mean MAAT) but they may also relieve themselves of their woes on me too.

Yuck.

:001_tt2:

Speegs
  • anniem
    Options
    Perfect Solution!

Speegs,

Fantastic - it's a plan! Let's call it Vitreous Humour.

OK - whilst you are re-doing the loo, don't forget that in time your MAAT will become a FMAAT (Fat Mat), so do consider this during your makeover - be quite horrid if there wasn't space for a Fat Mat in the future! :thumbup1:

A x
  • speegs
    Options
    I am fat already (a heafty hideaway indeed) so surely I don't have to wait for the AAT to formally make me fat. HA ahahahahahahahaha:001_tt2::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Privacy Policy