Home For AAT student members General AAT student discussion
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Making life easy for yourself

Jon_1984Jon_1984 Well-KnownRegistered Posts: 186
So then everybody its that time of year when we all head back into college for 39 weeks of headaches, stress and long days.

My question is what do you do/have you done to make life easier/less stressful for yourself during this time?

My biggie was learning how to use the slow cooker so I can nip home and grab a hot meal before heading to college - makes the lessons so much easier to handle :drool:

Comments

• SalinaASalinaA Feels At Home Registered Posts: 35
    I have worked through and partied lol ;)

Even went on holiday but now its back to having a full day (work and studying) let the hectic life commence!!!!

Are those slow cooker thingys any good?????
  • taskeytaskey Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,800
    i love my slow cooker, take the meat out the night before, cook it off in the morning, put your sauce, vege's etc in, whack it on.

come home after a really hard day at work and tea is ready.

i love them to bits and i am no chef!!!

i even do a full chicken in it

Tracy
    Hi Tracy,

Wow and nothing gets burnt in them??? You can seriously leave them all day???

I might have to check these out as I hate coming home after a long day and sometimes having to wait ages for meat to cook etc... This sounds like the ideal solution to me... How did I not know about them???:confused1:
  • taskeytaskey Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,800
    seriously they are brill, i do curries, steak in gravy, full chicken, pork casserole. the list is endless.

you can also google recipes and try them out. i bought a morphy richards one and i have a family of four and it is big enough for us. had it years, so much so, i need a new lid.

well recommended, you can pick them up cheap brand new and also off ebay.

Tracy
    Cool looks like I'll be buying one of those come pay day ;)

Thanks for enlightening me - I can't believe I had no idea!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: