AAT Awards Ceremonies

Options
118 11kate
118 11kate Registered Posts: 115 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi All,

I received my letter from the AAT about the awards ceremonies has anyone else? and where you hoping to attend?

Kate :001_smile:

Comments

• phunkyphantom22
    phunkyphantom22 Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi Kate,

Do you know why you've received one of these letters? Is it simply because you have completed the course and are a home study student so don't have a college graduation to go to or have you done something special?

I'm just wondering who it is that gets to go to these and why.

I've not had a letter but then I still have one unit outstanding on my SOA which I've completed but my home study provider hasn't bothered reporting it yet, grr!
  • X5wrangler
    X5wrangler Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I got mine yesterday, I'm hoping to go to the one in Bath, if not then it will be Bournemouth. Baggybooks might come with me so here is your chance everyone, avoid Bath & Bournemouth...............:001_tt2:
  • Baggybooks
    Baggybooks Registered Posts: 522 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Yeah - who wants to see the Mandy Wrangler & Baggybooks live show at the AAT ceremony?
    :ohmy:
  • jackie
    jackie Registered Posts: 81 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi,

I got mine yesterday and sent it back by return requesting Liverpool and then Birmingham. :001_smile:Anyone else for Aintree?

Jackie
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    It's a shame Wales isn't recognised!
  • phunkyphantom22
    Options
    So does everyone get an invite to one of these then?

Do they only happen once a year?

I've obviously missed this time because of that outstanding unit - GRR!!!!
  • S11AHS
    S11AHS Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    does every1 get 2 go 2 one of these ceremonies

after aat, is thre any graduation event for aat qualified?

any photographs or any certificates?
  • Tasha
    Tasha Registered Posts: 19 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Award ceremony

:thumbup:Yes recieved mine on Thursday and sent it back going to Birmingham or Harrogate and delighted to be going after all the hard work we have all put in to achieve this status. Well done everybody who has passed and is going to the awards ceremony.
  • phunkyphantom22
    Options
    I'm still unclear on this - does everyone get an invite to one of these ceremonies???

When are they held and are they only once a year?
  • 118 11kate
    Options
    Hi Phunkyphantom22,

Yes, once you have completed Technician you will be sent an invitation to attend one of the the aat award ceremonies. These happen arround about October/November depending on what venue you apply for. You choose two venues and if both of these are full you are not offered a third and you may only take one guest with you. Althought im looking forward to the aat ceremony, im looking forward to my college one more because I can celebrate with all my fellow students who ive seen work hard to achieve their results and I can bring my mum and dad along to watch aswell. :thumbup:

Im sorry to hear you will miss out this year due to someone else not doing their job properly. :thumbdown:

Kate
  • phunkyphantom22
    Options
    Hi Kate - thanks for that! :001_smile:

Unfortunately I don't get anything other than this one as I am a home study student, so hopefully I will get to go to one next year.

Yes it's rather annoying!!!
  • square-peg
    square-peg Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    do you have to have submitted your work experience as well, or just passed all your units?
    thanks
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    hello every body just a quick question does it happen every year the AAT award cermonies
  • 118 11kate
    Options
    do you have to have submitted your work experience as well, or just passed all your units?
    thanks

You just have to complete your technician year and get your certificate of completion.
  • 118 11kate
    Options
    hello every body just a quick question does it happen every year the AAT award cermonies

Yes it is usually every october/november.
  • square-peg
    square-peg Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    great, thanks for that. I will finish my technician before I have any work experience to submit, so that's a relief.
  • 118 11kate
    Options
    Ive had a reply back from the AAT im attending the Birmingham ceremony on the 24th October :-)
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    how come i got an invite from then even thou ive only done the second year ?
  • Sandi
    Sandi Registered Posts: 5 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I put Harrogate then Birmingham - I am a distance learning student and wasn't sure it was worth the effort but then I thought I have worked bloomin hard enough and deserve it!!! So will wait and see as I was a bit slow off the mark to send it back. Wish it was during the day like most graduations tho so I didn't have to arrange staying over. Should be good all the same :thumbup1:

Tori
  • Sandi
    Sandi Registered Posts: 5 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Hotels for award ceremonies

Just a quick piece of advice re the hotels in Harrogate (or would work wherever you are going) I would check out www.tripadvisor.co.uk first for some frank advice on where is nice and not nice to stay. I guess most internet savy people know this but from the venues I was advised it made for interesting reading.

Hope it helps !!!

Tori
Privacy Policy