Advice for my uncle

Options
ELMO72
ELMO72 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hello
My uncle is a self-employed car valeter and he fills in his own tax return each year. He has asked me if I knew of anything other than the obvious things which he can off-set against his tax bill but to be honest I don't have a clue. I have done DFS, PEV and PCR at college so don't know anything about tax other than accounting for it! Much appreciated. Jane

Comments

• farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I would suggest that your Uncle seek the services of an accountant rather than ask yourself if you haven't done this at college. There are plenty of us on here that would be able to do his accounts but he will have to pay a fee. You can send me a PM if you want more info.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Advice:- seek advice of a professional (paid advice that is).
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    He can deduct any expense that is wholly and exclusively incurred in the course of his trade ;)

Regards

Dean
  • K H
    K H Registered Posts: 81 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    advice for your uncle

Sorry Elmo, but members on here are bound to be reluctant to give free advice to people who try to complete their own tax returns, despite the fact that it's you asking the questions.

i'm sure that if he employed an accountant he would save more tax than the accountants fee.

best wishes

K H
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    K H wrote: Β»
    Sorry Elmo, but members on here are bound to be reluctant to give free advice to people who try to complete their own tax returns,

KH

Since you are new to the forum (August 08) perhaps you should go through some of the threads to see what help has actually been given 'FOC' by members :001_tt2:

Perhaps the reason for the Reponses here is that Jane does not appear competent to take this on and in fact the advice given by farmergiles, TC and Dean is actually extremely helpful if you just think about it.

Poodle
  • DaveP
    DaveP Registered Posts: 79 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    It is also a pretty open-ended question, so any reply is likely to be lengthy and require churning out of what is and what isn't allowable..
  • K H
    K H Registered Posts: 81 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Advice for Uncle

Dear Poodle,

i'm sorry if my post appeared unhelpful i was just trying to explain why previous posts were all pointing to Elmo telling her Uncle to get proper paid advice. Also,as DaveP also pointed out it was a bit of an open-ended question.

ps What advice do you have for Elmo?

K H
Privacy Policy