VAT agent registration for clients

Options
Poodle
Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi

Just to let you know that the government gateway web site has been improved and has resulted in if you are an agent and process client's VAT returns through your agency log in you are not able to add new clients to your list at present in the normal way i.e. through the clients log in.

You have to phone the VAT helpline who will put you through to their IT department and as long as you have a 64-8 in place they will add the new client to your list.

Sigh... so its not just the AAT website :laugh:

Poodle

Comments

• sheelagh
    sheelagh Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    VAT Returns

What if you haven't got a 64-8? Most of my clients just allow me agent status by ticking the right box on the government gateway.
    I've had problems in the past when I have submitted 64-8s because it seems that a new 64-8 supersedes any others. I don't want this because as I only do bookkeeping the accountant need a 64-8 in place.:glare:
  • Poodle
    Options
    Hi Sheelagh

Not sure on that. I had a 64-8 in place for the one that I have just set up so there was no problem.

Is it not possible to have more than on 64-8 in place with HMRC at one time?

One for you and one for the accountant. But one thing is for sure there is no where on the government gateway for a client to elect an agent at present.

Perhaps some one else can help here

Poodle
  • sheelagh
    sheelagh Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    dual 64-8
    Is it not possible to have more than on 64-8 in place with HMRC at one time?

In theory, yes, but this is HMRC we're talking about. Trouble is, the first I ever know that my 64-8 has superseded the accountant's status, is when the accountant needs it urgently!
  • DaveP
    DaveP Registered Posts: 79 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I did one yesterday on the Government Gateway.

You need to go to Manage Services>Manage Agents when you log in.
  • Poodle
    Options
    Good

It has sorted it self out then, unlike the AAT>>>>>

Poodle
  • peugeot
    peugeot Registered Posts: 624 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Wow - I don't believe it. I've actually found a thread that has not (as yet anyway) got any spam on it!!!

Finding threads like these now on here is like finding gold dust!
Privacy Policy