Yes - Unit 10 - In the Bag!

Pigpen
Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
I am sooooooooo pleased - I have finished unit 10 - Its in the post on its way to my BPP tutor Emma - Who I have to say has been amazing & fantastic.
This project, once you accept that, yes, you do have to do it sometime is actually not as hard as it looks. Its just daunting. I am distance learning and have exchanged about 30 emails with Emma in the last 6 weeks and she guided me section by section. And now its in the bag! :thumbup:

Now - Do I risk three exams in December to finish the qualification?

Haven't actually started any of the text yet - Mmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
:laugh:

Comments

• square-peg
    square-peg Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Brilliant, well done!!!! I'm going to start mine early as well, as I'm still doing intermediate, but decided to do my unit 10 alongside to get it out of the way as it seems so daunting. Well done again! :thumbup:
  • Pigpen
    Thanks - Know it seems like I am gloating but its such a relief

Good luck with yours - Good thinking - Technician stage is so full on, compared with Intermediate
  • square-peg
    square-peg Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Pigpen wrote: ยป
    Thanks - Know it seems like I am gloating but its such a relief

Good luck with yours - Good thinking - Technician stage is so full on, compared with Intermediate

I didn't see it is gloating....just chuffed to bits! And rightly so.....:thumbup1:
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Congratulations Pigpen.
    Were you given a named tutor with BPP? You seem to have had a good experience with them. I am also studying with them via learning distance and am in the process of going to another provider because the level of service I have received has been pretty appalling.

Peoples experience with them seems so varied, so don't know whether to just weather it with them in the hope that things improve. The better devil you know and all that.
  • Pigpen
    I had Emma Axon - She has been absolutely first class. I couldn't reccomend her enough.

BPP in general though - Rubbish!

I haven't heard a thing from them in months - Not even a "Congratulations on passing your exams " last month.

I studied the first year with premier and they were much better but because I live in the south I struggled to find a local venue to sit my exams - At leaset with BPP I can sit them at Reading.

If you get a choice ask for Emma - Let me know if you need anything else?
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Thanks Pigpen, I think I will leave. I have just booked my simulation for Unit 31, and the lass I spoke with, bless her didn't have a clue. Wouldn't be surprised if I'm not actually booked in at all. So once I have completed that I may move on to Kaplan unless anyone has any horror stories of them.

Good luck with the rest of the course, and many thanks!!
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I am distance learning with Kaplan, don't have any horror stories but don't find them great at all.

1. Not interested in you using any work experience for units. It has to all be simulation or exam. What is the point in doing NVQ route then?

2. Don't even think of asking for help with mapping for criteria or with building portfolio. Wasting your time.

3. Took nearly 2 months to get my first simulation marked.

I have not tried asking any study related questions so I don't know what they will be like that way.

I hade been debating about moving to BPP or Permier but I am in Ayrshire Scotland - might as well be outer mongolia as far as sitting simulations or exams are concerned.
  • Pigpen
    Seems to me you have to be quite self sufficient as a studier to get on with distance learning - There doesn't seem to be anyone with anything particularly good to say about any of the current "big" boys. I have never spoken to a BPP tutor other than Emma (unit 10). I wrote to them a while ago telling them I had changed my name recently (marriage) and have had no ackowledgement.

I did intermediate with Premier and had a great tutor there till she left and certainly they were much more supportive but it wasn't till I had to book my exams that I realised that they weren't the best one for me - Out of the centres that I could sit at, I had the choice of Southampton & London and I live in North Hampshire which wasn't ideal as you can imagine.

Can't you do your skills test supervised at work ? Thats how I did mine last year.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    congrats on getting the MAS project, that awful module delayed my full membership for much longer than I'm going to admit, and I hated all of it. Wonderful feeling to get it done and good luck in the exams :)
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Brilliant, well done!!!! I'm going to start mine early as well, as I'm still doing intermediate, but decided to do my unit 10 alongside to get it out of the way as it seems so daunting. Well done again! :thumbup:

What is unit 10? I know it is a report, but where could I find out more info? I am also doing my intermmediate via distance learning but wouldn't mind getting started on it.
  • MaryJ
    MaryJ Registered Posts: 7 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    congrats on getting the MAS project, that awful module delayed my full membership for much longer than I'm going to admit, and I hated all of it. Wonderful feeling to get it done and good luck in the exams :)
    I agree, it's an awful module to have to do. I have been staring at it for the last couple of weeks and just can't seem to get started. I've passed everything else, it's the last module I need to do to get full membership but I hate thought of doing it and have started to get really down about it. Sounds stupid I know, but just can't get my head around it at all! I know everyone who's done it says it's OK once you get going but I just needed a rant! Sorry, especially as this is my 1st post!
  • Pigpen
    Hey there - Rant away - I was fully prepared to ignore mine as long as possible but my tutor - Who I praised earlier - Kept giving me sections to do at a time - She really was fab - I ended up writing over 5000 words but she said this would be fine as there was no waffle in my report.
    I have her breakdown of the whole project into sections if you want a copy - send me a private message with your email address and I will forward to you
  • imeldabye
    imeldabye Registered Posts: 147 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    sorry to be cheeky but could i ask you for the same thing - i have started unit 10 but am doing it on my own and don't want to get half way through and then realise i need to start again! many thanks
Privacy Policy