Technician in one year...Am i setting my sights too high??

Options
blakeyboy89
blakeyboy89 Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

New to the forum.

I completed my Foundation course in 6 months coming from the back end of three A-levels and I set my self the goal of completing the final stage in a year.

Just wondered if anyone has acheived this as my assessor says it takes two years? :confused1:

Thanks,

BTW: I'm on the hunt for Technician books asap...best price is £42 for unit 8&9, Unit 11 and Unit 19 (2008 exams).

Comments

• Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi There

I started studying Technician in Feb this year and have passed BTC & PTC and just finished my Unit 10 project - I aim to do three exams in December and so long as I pass - Thats it - So it is achievable
  • kel524uk
    kel524uk Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi,

New to the forum.

I completed my Foundation course in 6 months coming from the back end of three A-levels and I set my self the goal of completing the final stage in a year.

Just wondered if anyone has acheived this as my assessor says it takes two years? :confused1:

Thanks,

BTW: I'm on the hunt for Technician books asap...best price is £42 for unit 8&9, Unit 11 and Unit 19 (2008 exams).

Hi

I have unit 8&9 textbook and workbook with osbournes if you dont mind buying second hand books and all my notes i passed the exam last summer so dont need them now they are just sat in a box doing nothing???
  • blakeyboy89
    Options
    Pigpen wrote: »
    Hi There

I started studying Technician in Feb this year and have passed BTC & PTC and just finished my Unit 10 project - I aim to do three exams in December and so long as I pass - Thats it - So it is achievable

Thanks for that. I'm hoping to pass PTC and PEV in December and finish my project before i start revising for these.

I wish you good luck with the rest of your course.
  • blakeyboy89
    Options
    kel524uk wrote: »
    Hi

I have unit 8&9 textbook and workbook with osbournes if you dont mind buying second hand books and all my notes i passed the exam last summer so dont need them now they are just sat in a box doing nothing???

Hi, how much are you willing to sell the course companion for??

Thanks.
  • kel524uk
    kel524uk Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi

Sorry i have them listed on amazon to and i only have the workbook for sale now as the tutorial sold like 10 mins ago! i have the workbook on sale for £5 plus postage if that helps?
  • jackie
    jackie Registered Posts: 81 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi,

Technician level can be done in one year, I started last September and sat DFS,PEV and PCR in December, Unit 10 project whilst waiting for the results and then PTC and BTC in June. Passed all first time and all done by distance learning

Good Luck!

Jackie
  • visha
    visha Registered Posts: 218 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Final year - I presume AAT Technicial Level and you have already acheived the AAT intermediate level.

Yes, final year can be completed in 9 months.

sep to dec prepare for Unit 11 DFS and PCR unit 8 (Exams in December)

Dec 2nd week to Mid March Prepare for Unit 15 Cash management and Unit 17 Auditing ( Both skills test)

Apr to June Prepare for Unit 9 PEV (June Exams) and project from April to June.

Can be done and Students at our college acheive this.
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    At Chichester we are very similar
    Autumn Term
    PEV and DFS (+ PTC if chosen)
    Spring Term
    OMCC (if chosen) and Project
    Summer Term
    BTC (if chosen) and PCR
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • blakeyboy89
    Options
    kel524uk wrote: »
    Hi

Sorry i have them listed on amazon to and i only have the workbook for sale now as the tutorial sold like 10 mins ago! i have the workbook on sale for £5 plus postage if that helps?

I would have preffered the textbook tbh but nevermind i'll have to be faster next time.

Thanks for your efforts.
  • blakeyboy89
    Options
    jackie wrote: »
    Hi,

Technician level can be done in one year, I started last September and sat DFS,PEV and PCR in December, Unit 10 project whilst waiting for the results and then PTC and BTC in June. Passed all first time and all done by distance learning

Good Luck!

Jackie

Thanks Jackie.
  • blakeyboy89
    Options
    visha wrote: »
    Final year - I presume AAT Technicial Level and you have already acheived the AAT intermediate level.

Yes, final year can be completed in 9 months.

sep to dec prepare for Unit 11 DFS and PCR unit 8 (Exams in December)

Dec 2nd week to Mid March Prepare for Unit 15 Cash management and Unit 17 Auditing ( Both skills test)

Apr to June Prepare for Unit 9 PEV (June Exams) and project from April to June.

Can be done and Students at our college acheive this.

Yes I do mean the Technician stage, thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks for the advice, all is much appreciated.
Privacy Policy