Too early to start Unit 10?

sarahwilson
sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
I'm studying intermediate at the moment but I've been given a problem to resolve at work and I am wondering if I should use it for my Unit 10 project.

Basically we have no real credit control framework in place and we pay suppliers when they phone us, hence theres no real way to predict cash flow. We get squeeezed hard at one end and because we have previously been a small company and the boss knew all the clients we don't squeeze hard enough at the other.

I've been told to put systems, procedures, etc in place to try and reduce down our debtor days and structure how we pay suppliers.

Sound any good for a project?

Comments

• Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Sounds perfect - Basically you have to analyse one part of the accounting system - Credit Control - Expose its weaknesses using a SWOT analysis and then identify methods to improve the system - You have to address the report to a manager and they have to sign it off - Sounds ideal ( This is a summary of what your report needs to contain but you get my gist)
  • sarahwilson
    Great, I was hoping to use it as I think the project will be easier if I m actually doing the task at the same time.:thumbup:
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I agree, sounds like a good one to use, and the sooner you can get your MAS done the better - mine was a millstone round my neck for 2 years after final exams:thumbdown:
  • sarahwilson
    Thats what I am wanting to avoid having it dragging on and on. I wasn't planning to do it this year but the opportunity has presented itself so I might as well!!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Good for you! Good luck with it honey :)
  • sarahwilson
    Oooh stupid question is the SWOT analysis in addition to the 4000 words or part of it?:blushing:
  • 2cool
    2cool Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
    This is very ideal - golden opportunity for you - i was racking my brains as what to do for mine am currently nearly finishing it now. i stated it in August lol
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    As I understand it - None of the appendices that you add to your report count towards the 4000 words -Its just the main body of the report that counts - But trust me its easy to get to 4000 words - I finished on 5300 but that was accepted cos none of it was deemed to be waffle
  • welshboy
    welshboy Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    Project

Hi,

I did my Unit 10 Project on implementing a credit Control procedure into my work place and found this very handy as you can write about each step as you are implementing it and also this also benefits you in the work place with understanding the procedure's and also from an educational point of view with passing your project.

Good Choice :thumbup1:

Matt
  • MrGofOxford
    MrGofOxford Registered Posts: 22 New contributor 🐸
    You're very lucky! It's a perfect opportunity to kill 2 birds with one stone. I'm finding it hard to find weaknesses in my workplace because I work for a huge company turning over billions of pounds a year & the systems are tweaked & perfected every quarter!
    I will feel a bit awkward pointing out weaknesses to my bosses!
Privacy Policy