cis help plz

Options
CHUNKYMONKEY
CHUNKYMONKEY Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor ⭐
hi
im not great with subbies , so any help will be appreciated.
my brother has been working as a labourer since april or may 2008 and says he doesnt need to do his tax returns until next year.
i was thinking he should do one this year before oct 31st 2008 and end his first year on 31st march or 5th april, thought this would prevent having a very long period in his first return and claim his tax back quicker. I just like to fill in a form each year,(for my own businesses) saying what you earnt that year. I studied long caps with aat but havent done one yet.
if he doesnt submit until next year, will this not be late?? i dont want him being charged £100.
thanks for any help, he says he has registered or got subcontracting card? and that tax man hasnt sent him a form so it cant be due.
thanks again

Comments

• Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    hi
    im not great with subbies , so any help will be appreciated.
    my brother has been working as a labourer since april or may 2008 and says he doesnt need to do his tax returns until next year.
    i was thinking he should do one this year before oct 31st 2008 and end his first year on 31st march or 5th april, thought this would prevent having a very long period in his first return and claim his tax back quicker. I just like to fill in a form each year,(for my own businesses) saying what you earnt that year. I studied long caps with aat but havent done one yet.
    if he doesnt submit until next year, will this not be late?? i dont want him being charged £100.
    thanks for any help, he says he has registered or got subcontracting card? and that tax man hasnt sent him a form so it cant be due.
    thanks again

That's a great exam question!

In short, as he only started in April/May 08 his tax return isn't due until 31st Jan 10.
    tax man hasnt sent him a form so it cant be due

Typical subbie! His needs to see a tax adviser! :001_smile:

Regards

Dean
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Yes, his year end would be April 2009, ie April 2008 to April 2009. Tax Return in by 31st October, if a paper return, or by 31st January 2010 if done online.
Privacy Policy