Sage Instant Accounts Production

mc25
mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi all,
I was just after some advice. I was wondering if any of MIP here have used sage instant accounts production. If so, How good and reliable is it?? I was thinking of getting it but before i bought it i wanted to hear your views about it.

Any replies will he highly appreciated.

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I have no idea why people still stick with Sage! It is so overpriced!
    I would always recommend VT accounts for a small practice.
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I have no idea why people still stick with Sage! It is so overpriced!
    I would always recommend VT accounts for a small practice.

I Agree with you Faerie9,:thumbup: VT is brilliant, I would recomend that over Sage anytime. I used it when I worked in a chartered Accountants, and I now use Sage where I am, and I miss VT, I found it much easier to use.
  • Owainap
    Owainap Registered Posts: 23 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I don't know anything about VT, but I've only used Sage for the last 2 years, and I like it. It's quite easy to use (though you could go on forever learning new things), and if you are buying Sage Instant - it's relatively cheap at about a 100 odd quid. Sage Line 50 is a waste of money though. I use both, and I can't tell the difference, but I only use suppliers, customers & bank most of the time.
  • mc25
    mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply, I have just installed VT on my pc which I am intending to use with new clients, the reason i was asking about sage is because i have got a client who uses sage, and i dont why but most people use sage. so I was thinking of getting it with the aim of getting more clients and when they send me their backups i can do the accounts from home etc.. and i was considering it coz i was told you can get one for upto 10 clients for ยฃ99?? :001_smile:
  • axl2derv
    axl2derv Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Does anybody have VT Accounts suite? I'm thinking of installing it. Does anybody know a cheap compatable tax package to go with it?
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I don't know about suite.
    I use VT accounts production, which can export P&L data, to be imported into Legatio FTax. This worked well last year, but what with the form changes this year, the import function isn't do hot, but for the price you can't beat this combo, anything else is twice as much.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    mc25

You don't need Sage to do the accounts, you can do it from the reports and then send the client a list of journals or put them on yourself once the accounts have been agreed.

When a client gives us a Sage back up I only use it for getting more reports. Usually I find the client needs to keep using Sage before I can finish the accounts so I can't send them a completed back up anyway.
  • pinksponk
    pinksponk Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor โญ
    Sage Instant Accounts

I bought the sage instant accounts package and found it wasn't really fit for my purpose at the time. I was using it for a cash only based business and thought it was long winded. I could get the results I wanted from Excel spreadsheet, so I wasted my money.

Saying that, I could see where it might be OK for non cash based businesses.

And if anyone wants to take my Sage Instant Accounts package off my hands, complete with all instructions, please let me know.
Privacy Policy