Trainee Accounts needed in Greater Manchester or North West

Options
S11AHS
S11AHS Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor ⭐
Hello everybody

i am studying my final level-Diploma Level (Diplma Pathway) and been looking for job since ive started AAT which is March 2007 and found nothing yet
no job at all

Can someone from Greater Manchester or North West or even anywhere as i may consider relocating!

I REALLY WANT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• hobblesan
    hobblesan Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Same Boat

Hi there,

Just want to say that I'm in the same boat, I've been applying since June & still nothing. The agency that I went with is practically non-existence!!!

I've been reading on this forum how difficult it is to get a job without experience & I guess thats what it is with me, despite the fact that I'm paying out of my own pockets to finish the dipolma. But upon reading many job descriptions, more & more of my daily work fits in with the requirements, albeit in small fragments!

So I'm gonna be more assertive after my Nov revision and post more appilcations again.

Can I ask is there a specific time when organisations actually are busy & require ppl or is it generally quite spread out?

Many thanks for reading my rant.
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    This website works with the Manchester Evening News
    http://www.thejobsmine.co.uk/search_list_jobs.asp?search_type=jobs&what=Accountant&where=2%A3UK%A3123%A342%A3%A3%2C2%A3UK%A3123%A346%A3365%A3&no_salary=1

I think your existing experience will be more important than your AAT or other paper qualifications at this stage.
    If you have been applying since March 2007 -one and a half years ago, I would recommend going back to all the companies where they turned you down and ask them why you did not meet their requirements.
    That way you will build a picture of things that they are looking for that might not be listed on the specification.
    on one occassion, I contacted an employer to find where I should improve to meet their requirements and he was impressed enough to offer me the job. And that was after rejecting me earlier that day!!

Busy time?
    Often January/February has more vacancies, but who knows what will happen in 2009 in the current economic conditions?
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
Privacy Policy