Exam Entry - Site wont accept payment

timgriff
timgriff Registered Posts: 55 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi, I'm trying to enter for an exam on the website but each time i click ok it says "There has been an error whilst handling your request. Please try again."

Do you know when this problem will be fixed? All the card details are correct and I have tried different cards.

It also insists on having a start date for a mastercard credit card when the field isn't mandatory.

Thanks,
Tim

Comments

• Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    timgriff wrote: »
    Hi, I'm trying to enter for an exam on the website but each time i click ok it says "There has been an error whilst handling your request. Please try again."

Do you know when this problem will be fixed? All the card details are correct and I have tried different cards.

It also insists on having a start date for a mastercard credit card when the field isn't mandatory.

Thanks,
    Tim
    I had this problem on Friday, I tried different cards and in the end I had to contact AAT student service. They had to take payment over the phone. They are aware that there is a problem but could not advise when this would be corrected.
  • timgriff
    timgriff Registered Posts: 55 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks, I thought it was just me! Think I might just give them a call.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Be careful though - when I paid over the phone they took the payment twice!
  • MrGofOxford
    MrGofOxford Registered Posts: 22 New contributor 🐸
    I'm worried now because I was planning on paying mine online on the 24th :(

They will have to take payment on the phone if the website is down (as it usually is)
  • Diannew
    Gem7321 wrote: »
    Be careful though - when I paid over the phone they took the payment twice!

They have also taken payment twice from me. Be carefull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbdown:
  • Diannew
    Beware!! AAT taking payments twice for exam entry
    Diannew wrote: »
    They have also taken payment twice from me. Be carefull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbdown:

I have just telephoned AAT to inform them that they have taken the payment for my exam twice.

They are aware of this, apparently if you try to pay online it says it has not accepted it, you then ring them and they process it over the phone , but it HAS accepted it on line as well.

When you ring them they require proof of double payment, by means of a copy of your bank statement, before they will refund you the amount, and tell you that it will take upto 10 working days to refund you even though it only takes 3 days for them to recieve YOUR money.
    I find this disgusting!!!!!!!!!!

Be very carefull when entering for exams.
  • Kirsty
    Kirsty Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Wow this is one long ongoing problem.

This happened when I tried to enter for my June exams.
    I tried about 5 different cards (people in the office) and it was having none of it. I had to phone up and do it over the phone.

Cant say I recall being charged twice though! Although I never checked
    :glare: :mellow:
  • Diannew
    Diannew wrote: »
    I have just telephoned AAT to inform them that they have taken the payment for my exam twice.

They are aware of this, apparently if you try to pay online it says it has not accepted it, you then ring them and they process it over the phone , but it HAS accepted it on line as well.

When you ring them they require proof of double payment, by means of a copy of your bank statement, before they will refund you the amount, and tell you that it will take upto 10 working days to refund you even though it only takes 3 days for them to recieve YOUR money.
    I find this disgusting!!!!!!!!!!

Be very carefull when entering for exams.

:thumbdown:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Surely the behaviour of an organization that runs a website which it knows takes money from people while saying it hasn't and then happily takes a second payment without checking if a payment had already been made is more than 'disgusting' but is verging on the fraudulent? That they then have the gall to expect you to provide proof to them as if it was you that was at fault simply compounds the matter.

Does the AAT really think that this is at all an acceptable way to run a business?
  • Diannew
    CJC wrote: »
    Surely the behaviour of an organization that runs a website which it knows takes money from people while saying it hasn't and then happily takes a second payment without checking if a payment had already been made is more than 'disgusting' but is verging on the fraudulent? That they then have the gall to expect you to provide proof to them as if it was you that was at fault simply compounds the matter.

Does the AAT really think that this is at all an acceptable way to run a business?

I totaly agree with you, If a debtor rings me to inform me that they have paid me twice in error, I could deal with that situation promptly, check the information and process a refund a lot quicker than 10 days.

I am fortunate not to be relying on the money as I am in full time employment, but that is not the case for everyone. I did ring and ask to speak to the Finance department at AAT and was promised a call back!!!!!!!

Still waiting!!!!!!!!

I also recieve monthly bank statements, so I would have to wait untill I recieved ithis to PROVE to them that they have taken the money twice, when surley this can be checked at their end.

I am so anoyed at this, as you can probably tell with me going on, but it was the lack of care when I rang up that annoyed me so much, no appology just someone telling me to prove it.

Never mind, hopefully some one will make me smile today.:thumbup:
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I didn't have that problem because I couldn't get as far as trying to pay online cos they don't accept my card! I was just dealing with an incompetent woman on the other end of the phone. When I rang they were fine about it and sent me a cheque straight back :001_smile: still haven't had my email to say they've received my payment though
  • Greycow
    Greycow Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor ⭐
    I have just entered for two exams and payment has been processed with no apparent problems. I will keep an eye on the bank statement to see if they take the payment twice.

It appeared to have worked no problem, I have also had an email confirming my entries. Maybe it is because nearly 10.30 at night is not a busy time for the server !!
  • MagicOPromotion
    MagicOPromotion Banned User Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Exam Entry Site wont accept payment

Basically i get the Site not found screen every time i post. Just me im sure how ever any one know of a fix?
Privacy Policy