AAT University exemptions

tauq786x
tauq786x Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor โญ
Which universitys allow you to skip first year of Accounting and Finance degree, if u have AAT Technician qualification?

Comments

• mahdi87
    mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    london met and loads more mate:001_smile:
  • Adam
    Adam Registered Posts: 13 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    If you go to Northumbria in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne you get to jump on to the final year - a degree in 8 month!!!
  • richardw
    richardw Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Theres a list of uni's on the aat website
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I have also heard that you can get exemption to go directly onto the final year of the degree - but if you're going to do that, why not go straight from AAT to ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA etc?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Adam wrote: ยป
    If you go to Northumbria in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne you get to jump on to the final year - a degree in 8 month!!!

If heard of this also isnt this the foundation degree? but would you be able to practice with this???
  • Adam
    If heard of this also isnt this the foundation degree? but would you be able to practice with this???

Nope, its a full degree - its hard work (i mean really hard) but you can gain a first, like I did.

Not sure what you mean by practice, as its only a degree - but its what I needed to do my thing!
  • mahdi87
    mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    adam isit Accounting & Finance ba???
  • Adam
    adam isit Accounting & Finance ba???

It sure is, Northumbria has a page on it http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/?view=CourseDetail&code=UUFACF1

If you want to know any more just ask!!
  • richardw
    richardw Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Thats quite interesting.
    It would be doable as well, as its only a year out of work.

A lot of people do say that a standard 3-year degree could be shortened to 2.
Privacy Policy