Landlords Energy Saving Allowance

edkav Registered Posts: 37 💫 🐯 💫
My client rents out a property, which the windows are all rotting and need replacing. He intends to double glaze all windows. I have looked up the Energy saving allowance and it seem to only cover loft and wall insulation. Is this correct? And is there any way he can claim for double glazing as expediture, or would it be still capital expenditure?

I think that it is Capital, but he just wanted to double check I hadn't missed anything!!


  • qwerty
    qwerty Registered Posts: 82 💫 🐯 💫
    Replacing single glazing with double glazing

    Hi edkav

    You can claim the expense of replacing single glazing with double glazing as a revenue expense:

    Look at the second last paragraph before the further guidance at the end of this notice:
  • edkav
    edkav Registered Posts: 37 💫 🐯 💫
    Brilliant...Thank you for that. I was obviously looking in the wrong place for the information!
Privacy Policy