Unit 10 - Methodology

yobellzaa
yobellzaa Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what exactly is supposed to go in the Methodology. My tutor can't give me a straight answer and so far it's the only part I'm struggling with.

Thanks

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    i dont understand what they actually want from the project, because i was pputting in a project about computorising the manual writing of orders and reorders and the saving it has brought thoughout the year . and got told no way....

havent got thefoggiest whatt they need or want !
  • lork
    lork Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    This is taken directly from a handout given to us by a tutor:

Methodology
    How have you gone about preparing for this report? This isn't about listing how you intend to cover the performance criteria but will show how you planned and prepared for tackling the report's topic. Include any acknowledgements to people who have helped you in this. This might also include what research you conducted or reference to a list of sources in the appendices
  • visha
    visha Registered Posts: 218 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Methodology

Somewhere on the AAT web site you will find the following for methodology

“This page shows how you have planned and prepared the report, it is often called procedures.

This should give an overview of the research methods you have used in producing the report.

You may have designed and used a questionnaire for colleagues or clients.

You may have monitored a system over a period of time.

You may have used the internet or books (do not list them here do that in the appendices).

Include any acknowledgements to people who have helped you in the preparation of the report.

How have you gone about preparing for this report?

This isn’t about listing how you intend to cover the performance criteria but will show how you planned and prepared for tackling the report’s topic.

This might also include what research you conducted or reference to a list of sources in the appendices.”

I would start by saying in bullet points the following:-

how did you arrive at a decision on the topic of your project.
    Whom did you consult?
    Whom did you agree the topic with?
    Which books did you read?
    Which web sites did you research?
    Whom did you regularly consult?
  • yobellzaa
    yobellzaa Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Seems to me that the methodology is something which will be much easier to do once I am nearing the end of the project - I am being pushed to have it complete before I continue with the analysis of system. Thanks for the comments, its made it clearer for me.
Privacy Policy