Awards Ceromony

Options
laurenw
laurenw Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone is going to the awards ceremony in Liverpool??

I think its next week, does anyone know wht normally hapends at the event?

Thanks

Comments

• bevkes
    bevkes Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi
    The Ceremony i attended here in Botswana was very fabulous, more than what i have expected actually. We had the AAT CEO, AAT President and other signatories. They gave some speeches and we were given awards Certificates. The event was small but very Educative, we also had the chance to meet different people and share some ideas about life and all that.
  • RichardH
    RichardH Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    These are well worth going to! If you fill in the "ice breaker" hidden in your goodie bag then you get a prize! It's a chance to meet fellow members and AAT staff and is a lot of fun!
  • 118 11kate
    118 11kate Registered Posts: 115 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I went to the Birmingham one the other week and this is what happened-
    You arrive and are given a bag with a questionnaire, programme of the evening and an ice breaker form.

To complete the ice breaker form you must approach somebody get their name and their nearest aat branch and if you hand it in you get a chocolate bar with aat 2008 awards ceremony on it, an aat calculator and an aat pen, plus you also have met someone who is also sharing this moment with you.

There is wine (red & white), water and juice on various tables you help yourself.

You can either have your photos taken before or after the ceremony, with or without guests and with or without a hat & gown (which photo company supply).

The ceremony lasts for about an hour you are called in blocks of five but you walk across the stage and have a round of applause and photo taken individually (your guests can also take photos ) and then there is more drink, hot and cold food available after, which also give you the chance to mingle with people of various aat levels.

As you can tell I really enjoyed my evening and its deffinately worth doing, I spoke to various people some just passed, some who were full members and a gentleman who was awarded for completing 25 years and all this make the three years all worth it :-)

Hope you have a great time :thumbup:

Kate x
  • jackie
    jackie Registered Posts: 81 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Lauren,

I am going to Liverpool awards ceremony next week :thumbup: Really looking forward to it.

Jackie
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    so did you get a full pass or did you get a level III pass !

i thought the awards were just for complete passes ?
  • jackie
    jackie Registered Posts: 81 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I am not sure what you mean by 'full pass' but to clarify I have passed level 4 (technician) and became a full member in September. My full membership came through after the award ceremony invites were sent out.:thumbup:

Jackie
  • 118 11kate
    Options
    mark130273 wrote: »
    so did you get a full pass or did you get a level III pass !

i thought the awards were just for complete passes ?

They are, to go to one of these awards you have to pass the technicain level of aat or the aat payroll qualification or become a full member (which you can't do untill you have passed technician) or be awarded for being a full aat member for 25 years.

Kate :001_smile:
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    any body know that this aat award cermony happens every year or just once in few years ... i am really dying to go at 1 ... hope so i will get the invitation in 2009
  • 118 11kate
    Options
    any body know that this aat award cermony happens every year or just once in few years ... i am really dying to go at 1 ... hope so i will get the invitation in 2009

Hi

Everyone who completes aat technician gets sent an invite but you have to reply quickly because it is on a first come first serve basis. The invite is for you plus one guest and you can ask for more but it depends on availability.

Kate :001_smile:
  • laurenw
    laurenw Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hey Guys,

thanks for your replies :001_smile:.

I think you have aswered all my questions, the only thing i am unsure of it what to wear!!

I was going to wear smart clothes, but do people actually wear a cap & gown?? And if i do go in smart dress, could i borrow one to have a pic taken??? lol.

Thanks in advance for your help
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    we are having our local awards ceremony run by a local training association next week and we had to submit measurements for cap and gown. You are entitled to a cao and gown as it's NVQ 4. Make the most of it and have fun - don't try to balance too many drnks on top of the cap!
  • mehmet
    mehmet Registered Posts: 113 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    laurenw wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I think you have aswered all my questions, the only thing i am unsure of it what to wear!!

I was going to wear smart clothes, but do people actually wear a cap & gown?? And if i do go in smart dress, could i borrow one to have a pic taken??? lol.

At the London ceremony last week, the photographers had several caps and gowns (in different sizes) you could borrow. I assume that would be the case for all ceremonies.
  • 118 11kate
    Options
    laurenw wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

By smart dress I think they just mean no jeans, t shirts & trainers. The photographer supplys you with cap and gown for the photos but you don't wear one when you go on stage although many colleges also have an awards ceremony where you do get a cap and gown for the night (I had mine on Friday and it was great fun, just try to go to the loo before your put in your gown because its virtually impossible lol!

Kate :laugh:
Privacy Policy