ECR - How many formulas?

Options
sarahwilson
sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor šŸ˜
How many formulas are there to remember for ECR? I'm trying to decide whether I can get anywhere near ready by getting up earlier and putting an hour in before I start work, if its a million I can't if its 30 I maybe can. Due to various personal disasters I've only been able to get ready for FRA but I have entered both, I don't really want to just throw in the towel now if theres a chance I can get ready with plenty of effort (and no sleep!!)

Any opinions gratefully accepted.

Comments

• columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor šŸ˜
    Options
    Hi Sarah

I learnt 7 main formulas;

Contribution
    Breakeven in Units
    PV Ratio
    Breakeven in Revenue
    Margin of Safety in Units
    Margin of Safety %
    Target Profit

Management Accounting is a weakness of mine, but I passed this exam and sat my skills test immediately after it.

Good luck

Tracy
  • sarahwilson
    Options
    Ah thats your Chloe buys pink biscuits thing isn't it? I liked that and it will be very helpful.

I was going to not bother with ECR but I've had a look and a lot of the basics I know about, like indirect and direct expenses, cost centres etc, so I want to have a go if I can.
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor šŸ˜
    Options
    Hi Sarah

Yes it is, see you can remember it!! 2 weeks prior to my exam last year I wasn't going to sit it as I really did think that I would fail, but I remembered the above formulas, did all the past papers over and over again so I could basically remember where all the information came from, and I passed - much to my surprise, now just got to get through the Technician exams......

Good luck!! :-)

Tracy
  • sarahwilson
    Options
    Tracey you have inspired me, hopefully I will pass too thanks to Chloe and her pink biscuits!! Thank you:thumbup:
  • talinka
    talinka Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ā­
    Options
    Hi Sarah! I am in the same boat as you are. I just started. I really enjoyed FRA. What study texts are you using? I prefer Osborne books, but for unit 6 I have BBP. I don't really like the way thigs are explained there.
Privacy Policy