Balance Sheet Unit 5

Options
sarahwilson
sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
When listing assets on the balance sheet, is it reverse order or liquidity, ie buildings, vehicles, stock, debtors & cash? Or is it the other way?

I can't remember and I have forgotten my textbook and for some reason its niggling me this morning!!

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi Sarah

You list them in order of liquidty

Stock
    Debtors (less pro for doub debts)
    Prepayment
    Bank
    Cash
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Oh dear.. I didn't realise that!! I was putting the currents assets in the order they were on the TB.

When you have to write out your own TB on the first part of the FRA exam, does it matter what order you list everything?
  • A-Vic
    Options
    I dont think they are gonna take points off for that as long as you have them all in
  • sarahwilson
    Options
    I dont think the order on the TB matters. The other thing that was niggling me was I know the proforma for the P&L but when you get to the expenses part does that matter what order its in? I tend to put in value order, high to low but I don't know if there is a set way to do it.

Thanks for all your help:thumbup:
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Right second attemp to reply to this thread grrr lol

No it really doesnt matter our tutor tought us to mark it off the ETB as you list them so then you can mark them as you add them so making sure not to miss any.

:001_smile:
  • potsandclocks
    potsandclocks Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi , If it helps I think of it as a Rhyme Thingy For me its
    South , Beds District Council with a P and when you have written them just swap the B&D round if you can remember might sound silly but then I can remember it
    Not sure if that will help or hinder Karen:thumbup1:
  • potsandclocks
    potsandclocks Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    The other rhyme thingy I have is for the Balance sheet which is
    Funny Animals = Fixed Assets
    Clever animals = Current assets
    Can Loose = Current Liabilities
    Faith = Financed By

It just helps me to remember where to put things Hope it helps Karen:thumbup:
  • sarahwilson
    Options
    Thats fab karen, have bumped it up on another thread. I find rhymes and stuff make it so much easier to remember things like this.:thumbup:
Privacy Policy