Saturday Morning

Options
blades
blades Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
Saturday morning and at work. End of month cheques to write only peaceful time to write them. Also vat return to do have notice now need to pay postage for this. Another expense passed onto us from the government. I wonder how many envelopes they have left with the bar code on for payment that are being shredded. Such waste. Back to work or I will not get home for dinner. Then more revising for Monday, the joys of my world. :lol:

Comments

• Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Why not do your VAT return online?

It is really simple to set up. I use sage and once the passwords are on I just submit through the programm with no need to even log on to HMR&C. An email back confirms receipt as well. Even if your software does not allow submission entering on HMR&C website is really simple.

Also if you pay by direct debit you get more days to pay eg 30th September collected 14th November! and if its comming back then the fastest I have had is 5 days into the bank

Poodle
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Poodle wrote: »
    Why not do your VAT return online?

It is really simple to set up. I use sage and once the passwords are on I just submit through the programm with no need to even log on to HMR&C. An email back confirms receipt as well. Even if your software does not allow submission entering on HMR&C website is really simple.

Also if you pay by direct debit you get more days to pay eg 30th September collected 14th November! and if its comming back then the fastest I have had is 5 days into the bank

Poodle

Me and my manager went to a HMRC training day about this and it all looked good but trying to convince our boss to switch to this method for our clients was a whole different ball game so were stuck doing paper returns so fustrating
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    A-Vic

But that's just silly. It is soooo easy, you should work on your boss as this would save you time and saving time savs money.

I have my cilents that I process bookkeeping and VAT returns for set up on my HMR&C agent VAT page.

On my Sage client manager all of my clients datasets login to my agent page with my password and so once Sage transmits the VAT return the HMR&C website allocates the return to the correct VAT number automatically and you get a lovely report provided in Sage that you can emal to the client to let them know when to maye their payment by if using BACS or when the Direct debit will come out o their account.

Poodle
  • blades
    blades Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    They willl not pay online only thing I can do on line is the wages every week , this I have only been doing for last six months. All suppliers are paid by cheque. Nearly finished then home.
Privacy Policy