Think twice:Is Accounting really for you?

Options
13»

Comments

• Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Aww dianne that didnt ryhme how dissapointed i am now hehehe :lol:

Good afternoon my little friend............

Well....actually I did that on purpose...to prove that sometimes in life things don't always turn out the way you want them to...but hey ho..

I will try again................

That's Life.............:001_tt2:
  • laurad
    laurad Registered Posts: 49 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Diannew wrote: »
    No....seconds.........even though I work full time in accounting, teach in the evenings, have two teenagers, 5 Gcs, and very nearly..........(if I can just pass PEV) AAT Qualified.............:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thank you for the well done...............see how happy you can make someone with a liitle praise...............:001_tt2:

no worries!! i appreciate talent when i see it ! :001_tt2:
  • Diannew
    Options
    laurad wrote: »
    no worries!! i appreciate talent when i see it ! :001_tt2:

Thank you..........:001_tt2:

This forum is full of talented people................but I don't think I will give up the Day/night Job just yet............:lol:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Diannew wrote: »
    Thank you..........:001_tt2:

This forum is full of talented people................but I don't think I will give up the Day/night Job just yet............:lol:

Jingle bells batman smells robin layed an egg. :lol:
  • mikes
    mikes Registered Posts: 254 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    This is getting better then the X Factor. :001_tt2:
  • Diannew
    Options
    mikes wrote: »

Oh no................secrets out...........guess which judge I am:001_tt2:
  • mikes
    Options
    Cheryl? defintely not Sharon.
  • Diannew
    Options
    Cheryl? defintely not Sharon.

Mmmmmmmm.....me to know...:lol::lol:

The forum does sometimes make peoples dreams come true.............and on the flip side................:001_tt2:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options

Hey me and dianne are the new spice girls

Old spice and nutmeg :lol::lol::lol:
  • mikes
    Options
    Gosh, i'm feeling warm now! (note to self.. do not show this thread to the wife)

It could be lonely this christmas...:blushing:

Have to sign off now, got to get back to work.

Bye for now.
  • Diannew
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Hey me and dianne are the new spice girls

Old spice and nutmeg :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Mate............:001_tt2:

Please don't let me be Old Spice...ruin my street cred.:lol:

I am more your..expensive SAFRON...type of spice:lol:
  • Guru
    Guru Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I think 99% of what talinka said was spot on, and the reaction to it exemplifies a lot of what could be improved within the AAT's student population.

I am currently mid way through Technician level, DO work in Accounts, and came on this section to compare the reaction to a colleague's exams this week with the reaction to mine (PEV & PCR - go take a look as those threads haven't been deleted!)

I'd like to take advantage of the fact that this is an open discussion forum, to offer some brief comments on the remarks of some of those who were less than happy with talinka's post - apologies in advance if I've taken you out of context, I tried not to!
    cs_1988 wrote: »
    What you have to remember is a lot of people hate exam conditions, what they have learnt, what they would be able to do in a class doesnt come when they are in an exam.

The AAT don't hide the fact that exams are needed to attain this qualification. If adults, however horrendous their exam experiences have been, can't work through these issues, then...well, let's just say it ain't gonna get easier. Sorry to have not sugared that pill...

cs_1988 wrote: »
    Luckily, i tend to do better in exams. Buyt that doesnt mean at all that you, or myself will be a better accountant than someone who passed second time.

No, but they'll be an accountant sooner.... (simplistic, but you get the point). Also, while God loves a trier, someone who gets it right first time and quickly is going to be just as highly prized in the workplace (poss more so in these troubled times...)

wastewe wrote: »
    I So, general sweeping assumptions are really very rude and upsetting, and I thank those who have been chatty and friendly regarding our shared experience and welcome any insights into my glaring stupidity today, are we not all here to share and get through this and not to criticize others performance?

1. If you take a general sweeping assumption personally, instead of seeing yourself as a statistical anomaly within the group in question, whose fault is that? :tongue_smilie:

2. Talinka shared. The AAT will "criticize" your performance, Talinka has not done so. If you have perceived him/her as having done so, then it's your subconscious that has applied a general statement to yourself.
    laurad wrote: »
    well bully for you !!!
    perhaps you ought to try working in the profession and getting some experience along with your wonderful ability to study well before you go getting on your high horse !

Clearly high horses are more common than was previously thought....

As I said, I'm only here to compare responses between the two levels to exams - and if this is representative of the peer group I'll be part of over the next few years, then MY pride in the qualification I'm going to have worked ****ing hard for is going to be seriously diluted. And that upsets me. I want to be proud of having those letters after my name, not embarrassed.
  • ketteringlad
    ketteringlad Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    my own personal view

my own personal view on this debate is this:

i have studied and passed several exams in accountancy(although i dont work in accounts at the moment)

i have never depended on one text book to give me all the information i need.

i have always found that reading an alternative book gives u different angle on things,poses questions in a different way,and actually gets u to use your brain,instead of just going over the same questions\exam papers.

it also helps if u study the particular aspect of accounts at a higher level than the exam that u are studying for..

all in my humble opinion anyway....
  • ketteringlad
    ketteringlad Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    continued

what i was really trying to say(not easy after 3 pints of lager and a packet of crisps: and yes,it was a very good comedy series)is that if u understand why
    u are carrying out a process\calculation\double entry etc,then u should be able to understand the question,however it is worded\phrased..
    goodnight.
Privacy Policy