Pcr exam

Options
JON GARDNER
JON GARDNER Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
I am so upset after today's exam - I put so much hard work in to it. The amount of questions in this paper compared with previous papers made it a real struggle. I felt totally rushed and was unable to sit and think about applying all the principles I had learnt. Usually there are 2 or 3 tasks per section and suddenly we've got 3 or 4. I needed another hour to really get down everything I wanted and double check my answers. It's so annoying you can sacrifice so much in your life to trying to pass an exam and suddenly a new examiner comes along and makes things even harder. For me that was a 4 hour exam. :thumbdown:

Comments

• King of the Mountains
    King of the Mountains Registered Posts: 66 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I feel exactly the same. I have put my life on hold for the last 4 weeks. I have revised and revised to no avail. Revision didn't help me. One needs a clear head to do these exams as they f***k with your head. But life's a learning curve, and I certainly won't be taking time off work to revise again. I'll just keep taking the exams. I'm sure I'll get there one day!
  • Tracie
    Tracie Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I am so upset after today's exam - I put so much hard work in to it. The amount of questions in this paper compared with previous papers made it a real struggle. I felt totally rushed and was unable to sit and think about applying all the principles I had learnt. Usually there are 2 or 3 tasks per section and suddenly we've got 3 or 4. I needed another hour to really get down everything I wanted and double check my answers. It's so annoying you can sacrifice so much in your life to trying to pass an exam and suddenly a new examiner comes along and makes things even harder. For me that was a 4 hour exam. :thumbdown:
    i feel the same, it was not that i did not know the answers it was just i felt totally rushed infact went onto section 2 before finished last question and memo in section 1 then went back to section 1 afterwards, i was still writing my memo with seconds to spare and really feel that due to being panic stricken and rushed i did not give it my full attention and had no time to check over it.
  • garry_coombs
    garry_coombs Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    i am sorry to say that i found this paper lay out much easier, it set out exactly what you needed to do and walked you through it.

It took me about 2 hours to complete it all which was longer than i expected, but i did double check all of my calculations

I can't understand how more small questions can ever be harder than fewer longer questions.

Sorry to hear you struggled with it, but i really can't see how, the basics were still the same.
  • block15
    block15 Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I think we were just a bit unlucky that we had a new examiner without any real warning or information. The principles were the same but obviously the layout has thrown a few people. I'm sure this will be reflected in a lower pass-mark and those people who studied and had the knowledge will come through OK.
  • gini76
    gini76 Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options

i agree :) i didnt have time to check any answers
  • flower25
    flower25 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Pcr

Im so upset with the PCR exam, I revised so much for it, but i wasnt prepared for the amount of questions.
    On the last section i think it was about 30-45mins on the report, i had 5mins to write something ! The amount of time available for this exam was really bad.:thumbdown:
    In a group of 20 people taking this exam, 6 people said they didnt have time to finish the exam.
    I think there was too many calculations for this exams.
    Im so worried if i have to redo this exam again because it is so tight with time! ! ! :sad:[/
    FONT]
  • Maezy321
    Maezy321 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I have to completely agree with everything thats been said above.
    I felt that there was not enough time to complete this exam, all the past papers only have 1/2 questions in each section not 3 or 4! I had to go on to the second section before i had even finished the first because i was so worried that wouldn't finish the exam. I ended up missing out the reports/memos because they were the most time consuming. I rushed the whole thing and felt myself shaking half way through because i was rushing so badly.
    I don't feel too bad about this exam though because 80% of my class were still working at the end and none of them finished either! So i guess its not just me did felt it was too long!! Worst exam i have ever taken in my life!! and i hope i pass because i really don't want to do that again!
  • StacieS
    StacieS Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Pcr

this exam was stupidly hard! people keep saying you shouldnt just revise from past papers.... but if people have been reading the examiners reports it says "if students had looked at past papers they would have known this"

everyone in my lessons have said they didnt know what the examiner was asking for!!

i revised so much and acheived NOTHING! i will be resitting in June along with the other 3 exams ill have to do!!

:confused1::crying::thumbdown:
Privacy Policy