Complaining about the PCR exam

Options
2»

Comments

• garry_coombs
    garry_coombs Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    So you have the right to tell people what to do, but he doesn't?

You can complain about his complaining, but he's not allowed to complain about other peoples complaining?

And are you sure that guru is male, or are you just assuming this?
  • ambitious
    ambitious Banned User Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Who does this “Guru” guy think he is? What kind of Guru is he anyway? I did not like his reply to Tracie I thought it was very sarcastic and to call her “Squire” when she is a women baffles me completely.

He mentions that if people do not agree with his views then don’t read them, then why doesn’t he take a leaf out of his own book and not read the complaints!.

He has no right trying to tell people that they can not complain, exam time is very stressful and everyone has their own ways of dealing with it so if people want to complain let them!.

Obviously this “Guru” reads every AAT book from cover to cover because more than likely he has nothing better to do!

He also mentions that it is his first time to visit the Forum and will not return if people keep whining. Well I believe this forum would be better off without postings like that for after all people should try and help by offering advice to one another and not having a go at people who have not necessarily been as successful.

I’m am so glad I do not work with this “Know it all”!

Internet Meltdown
  • hippychick
    hippychick Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    AAT gave plenty of notice that the layout of the exam was going to be different to previous years. Those tutors who bothered to go to AAT sponsored meetings then passed on this information to their students. Perhaps if the layout was such a surprise, you should consider complaining to your tutors, instead of to the AAT
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    God, I love these threads.

You will learn the true meaning of "time pressure" should you progress to ACA.

Also, accountancy work is time pressured. Particularly in private practice.

I qualified last June and havn't seen this latest set of exams (have no desire to) but I'd bet my dangly bits that the pass mark will, yet again, be around 65%-70%.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    so sonny did you pass first time then?

hey im in private practice and yes every minute counts so i think thats why they do the aca exams that way . so see if your quick enough to be in practice....cant wait to give it a go !
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I passed my exams first time, yes.
  • Guru
    Guru Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Who does this “Guru” guy think he is? What kind of Guru is he anyway? I did not like his reply to Tracie I thought it was very sarcastic and to call her “Squire” when she is a women baffles me completely.

He mentions that if people do not agree with his views then don’t read them, then why doesn’t he take a leaf out of his own book and not read the complaints!.

I acknowledged that point myself, you'd already tuned me out obviously. Not much point continuing to reply to you, but here I go...

He has no right trying to tell people that they can not complain, exam time is very stressful and everyone has their own ways of dealing with it so if people want to complain let them!.

Sorry, I don't see whining as a legitimate coping strategy for professional adults taking a formal qualification. Perhaps we can agree to differ on this?

Obviously this “Guru” reads every AAT book from cover to cover because more than likely he has nothing better to do!

Wrong on both counts. Phenomenally wrong.

He also mentions that it is his first time to visit the Forum and will not return if people keep whining. Well I believe this forum would be better off without postings like that for after all people should try and help by offering advice to one another and not having a go at people who have not necessarily been as successful.

1. If you want a forum for big hugs, may I suggets www.teletubbies.com? Personally I prefer to be challenged by different perspectives, irrespective of whether I agree with them.
    2. I did actually offer lots of advice - mostly constructive. Unfortunately you're not open to different points of view, it would appear.
    3. Who knew at the time how successful any of us had been?

I’m am so glad I do not work with this “Know it all”!

Long may you continue to have the choice....
  • Guru
    Guru Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    OK, all that said, I am curious - how did we all do? I'm genuinely curious to compare contemporaneous viewpoints with the results, hance my return to the forum.
  • acky2106
    acky2106 Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Axl2derv, excuse me for being direct but do you not think this is simply a case of you haverevised so much on past papers that you anticipated something very much a twin of a past paper? Unfortunately in the workplace most tasks have to be completed within strict time limits, especially around month end. The purpose of the exams is not just to test to see if we have the knowledge but to assess how competent we would be in the workplace re accountancy( regardless of any previous comments!). If you have to retake then a real nag it is but trust me you'll be a better Accountant in the end.
  • axl2derv
    axl2derv Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    acky2106 wrote: »
    Axl2derv, excuse me for being direct but do you not think this is simply a case of you haverevised so much on past papers that you anticipated something very much a twin of a past paper? Unfortunately in the workplace most tasks have to be completed within strict time limits, especially around month end. The purpose of the exams is not just to test to see if we have the knowledge but to assess how competent we would be in the workplace re accountancy( regardless of any previous comments!). If you have to retake then a real nag it is but trust me you'll be a better Accountant in the end.

I passed anyway.
Privacy Policy