wrong date p45

mc25
mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi all, just checking with those of you with more experience than me, I submitted a p45 with the wrong date, u can imagine after the holidays and then sage was crashing when I finally managed sage to work I forgot to change the date from 05/01/2009 to 31/12/2008, does this make a lot of difference? I rang the online services as soon as I realise the mistake I had done but they said they cannot amend it. They said I need to get in touch with the tax office so that they can amend the date when they get the info submitted, but guess what, the lad a spoke to in the tax office said I will have to wait until I receive the P45 with the wrong date on then ring them and they can amend it from there, then he said, its only a week difference and he did not think this will make a lot of difference. Is this correct or do I need to do anything else. All response will be highly appreciated.:001_smile:

Comments

• JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Don't worry about it - it would sort itself out anyway but it's highly unlikely that the leaver would have started a new job before 5 Jan anyway, so no, I can't see it making any difference.
    The only possible issue I can think of is if they're now trying to claim JSA they might only be able to claim from 5 Jan, but I'm sure the Job Centre will contact you if they need to.
  • mc25
    mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    thanks

Jodie, Thanks for that.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    mc25 wrote: »
    Hi all, just checking with those of you with more experience than me, I submitted a p45 with the wrong date, u can imagine after the holidays and then sage was crashing when I finally managed sage to work I forgot to change the date from 05/01/2009 to 31/12/2008, does this make a lot of difference? I rang the online services as soon as I realise the mistake I had done but they said they cannot amend it. They said I need to get in touch with the tax office so that they can amend the date when they get the info submitted, but guess what, the lad a spoke to in the tax office said I will have to wait until I receive the P45 with the wrong date on then ring them and they can amend it from there, then he said, its only a week difference and he did not think this will make a lot of difference. Is this correct or do I need to do anything else. All response will be highly appreciated.:001_smile:

If all else fails and you would feel better do a hand written one with a covering letter stateing the change in date
Privacy Policy