Pool car - BIK

Options
Poodle
Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi

The situation is a close company, sole director/employee operating from home already has his own private car currently claiming mileage allowance for business use.

Wants the company to buy an expensive car for him to use for business use only. Wants to claim that the car as available to all staff (him), remains parked overnight on business premises (his drive) and should therefore be classed as a pool car. Wants to charge the full cost to the company inluding finance and not attract a BIK charge to him.

Comments please

Poodle

Comments

• farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I would say "no chance" Revenue would treat it as "contrived" and shoot him down
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Exactly Farmer Giles!

My answer would be 'are you having a laugh'

Tried it with an engineering company where all the employees worked away, even took timed photos at night with vans and the one pool car we had parked outside the unit and got told not a chance by HMRC.
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Had similar problem with an engineering company. Once we proved, via logbooks, they accepted...no BIK for 2 pool cars
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I think that the argument they'd use against it is that it's availiable for private use, even if it doesn't actually get used privately.
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Thank you all

Sort of what I thought, sounds good but I think as Jodie said that he will not be able to get around the fact that the car will be available at his principle place of residence all be it the office as well.

So P11d here we come:001_smile:

Poodle
Privacy Policy