Unit 11 Kaplan book

Options
Londina
Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
Hiya everybody:001_smile:

I recently started the Technician level and I'm on Unit 11 at the moment.

The chapter 4 of the Kaplan book is about creating a full set of accounts including: share capital, retained earnings, directors remurations, debentures, all of these accounts that were not cover in the Intermediate level, therefore totally new things for me. Unfortunately the chapter didn't explain first what they are and how to account them but expecting to do everything all in once. I have been struggle so much in this chapter to get through.

Later I discovered the next one, Chapter 5, covers all these accounts, not only explain the definition, but then show the useful journals in order to make the adjustments!!!

Sure, it supposed to be the other way round, first explain and then ask to do the accounts!!!:thumbdown:

Anyone had the same experience?

Comments

• fpettifer
    fpettifer Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    is that dfs? from what i can remember, chapter 3 was about sole trader accounts in detail then chapter 4 followed on from it for a ltd company so was getting you to use the principles learned in chapter 3 and apply it to ltd companies, then chapter 5 went on to more details for ltd companies.

a long winded way of doing it as we don't need to learn sole trader for this unit but in a way it was good as they were breaking you into dfs by using an easier example.
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    yes, is Dfs.
    Chapter 3 is fine, I agree, it's good to start from a sole trader, the problem with chapter 4 is suddenly you have to prepare ltd company using those new accounts that are explained in depth in chapter 5!!!

If I knew that, I would start from that chapter and then go back to chapter 4!

ps. I think I know you, you were doing too Intermediate Level distance learning with Kaplan in 2007 and then as well there were some problems with the books, remember?
    Have you finished Technician?
  • fpettifer
    fpettifer Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    i did indeed.

did dfs in december so just waiting on that result and got the project to finish.

how about you?
Privacy Policy