Sage reports in Excel

Options
sheelagh
sheelagh Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi
My client wants to have a copy of his Sage generated aged debtor report (or "customer invoices due" report) in Excel so he can update it daily when his customers pay. The client doesn't have Sage
Is there a quick and easy way to download a Sage report into Excel with the required formulas (to update customer balance and total debtors) already in place?
I'm using Line 50 2007 (v13) at the moment but I could upgrade to 2009 if necessary.

Any ideas much appreciated

Comments

• Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    sheelagh wrote: »
    Hi
    My client wants to have a copy of his Sage generated aged debtor report (or "customer invoices due" report) in Excel so he can update it daily when his customers pay. The client doesn't have Sage
    Is there a quick and easy way to download a Sage report into Excel with the required formulas (to update customer balance and total debtors) already in place?
    I'm using Line 50 2007 (v13) at the moment but I could upgrade to 2009 if necessary.

Any ideas much appreciated

If you preview your report in sage and save it as a .csv file (there are a few of these pre written so you may have to play around to find the appropriate one) you can open in Excel and save as an .xls file and then this will allow you to apply all excel functions to the data.
  • GILL
    GILL Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Wow!! First time managed to log on in months ....

It's quite easy to down load an Aged Debtors list to excel - just run the report as normal but change the 'Generate' type to file (rather than printer, preview or e-mail).

A Save Report As box appears - change the 'Save as type' (bottom of box) to 'Microsoft Excel Files (*.xls)' and save. If this doesn't show the data in a reasonable formate (some reports work some don't) change the save as type to 'Comma Seperated Value Files (*.csv)'.

A word of warning though, check the totals on the downloaded report, I regularly find that it duplicates the first customer details.

For the formulas I have a 'Template' with no data but the formulas I require and copy the report data into this.
  • sheelagh
    sheelagh Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Sage reports

Hi Paul and Gill

Thank you for your responses. I have tried the .csv download of the aged debtor report. It is just what I'm looking for - should be nice and easy for the client to work with.
    Gill - that's a great idea to save the formulas in a template.

Thank you both

Sheelagh
Privacy Policy