Not so long now

Poppy
Poppy Registered Posts: 105 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Not much longer before we get our results, time is starting to fly by. Have now decided that my best case is I have passed DFS and failed PEV and worst both. Not sure how I'd managed to motivate myself though to resit PEV for a third time, if it was just PEV I think I could but if it's both then surely it'd be a pointless and painful exercise just keeping on. Plus at Β£40+ per exam a little expensive....

Does any one have any positive experience of multiple resits???

Comments

• *Sarah*
    *Sarah* Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I do actually Poppy. I sat DFS and Business Tax together and I was convinced I had failed Business Tax 90% but I actually passed both! You never know what will happen I guess. I was convinced I had passed MAC at the last sitting and I failed! Hoping to pass this time, is my last one. Good luck with your results :001_smile:
  • Poppy
    Thanks, this was my second time for both of them, work paid for the previous two plus gave me time off. They don't pay for a third sitting or provide the time so just can't imagine I'd get through it. Both sittings of PEV had one awful question on and I expect the second sitting will be a failure because of mucking up that question. DFS thought I'd done well the first time but failed on the written sections after getting all my statements perfect (had feedback). This time got statements fine and hoped the written side was good enough as spent so long learning everything.
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Poppy wrote: Β»
    Not much longer before we get our results, time is starting to fly by. Have now decided that my best case is I have passed DFS and failed PEV and worst both. Not sure how I'd managed to motivate myself though to resit PEV for a third time, if it was just PEV I think I could but if it's both then surely it'd be a pointless and painful exercise just keeping on. Plus at Β£40+ per exam a little expensive....

Does any one have any positive experience of multiple resits???

Don't give up Poppy.....just look at what you HAVE achieved and passed. If I fail PEV I will have to take it for a third time..............but you can't let it beat you!!!

Good look.

Hopefully you are wrong and you have passed them both..........fingers crossed for you..and me
  • Poppy
    Will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you, did you do the June paper last year two. Feel like AAT are trying to make it impossible to pass, tried so hard and each time haven't stood a chance. Didn't understand the question in the June paper on Turbines so didn't know what they wanted and then they tested us on some thing this time that we hadn't even looked at since intermediate.
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Poppy wrote: Β»
    Will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you, did you do the June paper last year two. Feel like AAT are trying to make it impossible to pass, tried so hard and each time haven't stood a chance. Didn't understand the question in the June paper on Turbines so didn't know what they wanted and then they tested us on some thing this time that we hadn't even looked at since intermediate.

Yes I to did the Turbine one..........

I agree..........and in the December because there was a nil variance...I thought there should be one............and I acutally found one...I now know I used the wrong figures...so I definatly think I have failed again...

But I am determand to carry on.....I am fine untill I have to sit in the exam room...then it is just nerves........

Good Luck.

You can Do IT
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    bring on the results...........so then i can askfor a part pay rise....as ill be part qualified !
  • *Sarah*
    bring on the results...........so then i can askfor a part pay rise....as ill be part qualified !

I wouldn't count on it the way things are with jobs etc at the mo :crying:
  • mark130273
    i know......especially when hes just bought a much bigger office.....

eek's 6 months trial period too.........say my prayes eat my vitamins...
  • *Sarah*
    Is pants isnt it, would be nice for companies to reconise the hard work people put in studying
  • mark130273
    too bloody right..........mind you ill behappy with keepingmy job till passed my 6 months trial !
  • mark057
    mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Don't give up with it.

The PEV is a tricky exam and not easy to pass.

I passed it but thought I had failed for sure after a miserable part one of the exam.

The DFS paper is easier to anticipate because it does generally follow a similar path year in year out.

If at first you don't succeed then try try try again.

Mark
Privacy Policy