It's nice to feel appreciated

Options
Gem7321
Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
My manager just gave back to me some tax returns and accounts that I'd prepared with a smiley-face on a postit stuck on the front :)

Is it really sad that it's made my day? That'll probably be the best thing that happens this week!

Comments

• farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Well done, Gem
  • Baggybooks
    Baggybooks Registered Posts: 522 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Yes, well done. I would have preferred a bonus, but I suppose it all counts.
  • X5wrangler
    X5wrangler Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    That is a nice thing to do. I just wish my boss would come back to work.....
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Good job Gem. Hope your still reading my "really annoying" blog. :001_tt2:

Well done girl.

Speegs:thumbup1:
  • Baggybooks
    Baggybooks Registered Posts: 522 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Just a thought, but why does your work make your boss smile?
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    A smile is alright but you wouldn't want one of these :lol:
  • Gem7321
    Options
    Just a thought, but why does your work make your boss smile?

I have no idea - maybe it was actually really crap and he was laughing at my incompetence? :huh:
  • CJC
    Options
    He was just smiling at your brilliance. Happens a lot what you're a Snake :001_smile:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    My manager just gave back to me some tax returns and accounts that I'd prepared with a smiley-face on a postit stuck on the front :)

Is it really sad that it's made my day? That'll probably be the best thing that happens this week!

Awww sweet
  • Gem7321
    Options
    I've still got a warm fuzzy feeling :)
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I think its nice when people appreciate what you've done. My boss is really good and he always takes time to say thanks to people or tell them how pleased he is with what they've done.
  • Gem7321
    Options
    I wonder why bosses normally aren't very good at giving praise?

Maybe so that when you do get it you appreciate it so much like I did with my postit!
  • CJC
    Options
    My boss never gives me praise,just calls me an idiot (and worse) if I make a mistake. On the plus side,he doesn't mind if I don't turn up for work until 10 and am still in my dressing gown :001_tongue:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    well i got one today ....thats a complete shambles.........hes done his own sage line 50 accounts with vat returns .........sounds ok....

but hes misposted virtually every other invoice wrongly and some with vat and some without vat....

hey ill be working over night tmow !

p.s. tell my college tutor...i might not be in !
  • Gem7321
    Options
    I've got a set of farmers accounts to do (what a time for the junior aat trainee to go on flippin holiday) and he's done his own sage records which are shocking, he has 2 seperate trades so I've got to work out the trading accounts feature on the new software we've got, and we've got to do his 07-08 tax return.

He hasn't sent his records in yet!
  • CJC
    Options
    This is another reason why people shouldn't be allowed to do their own accounts (the main reason, of course, is more money for us!).
  • Gem7321
    Options
    The worst ones are the ones with bookkeepers who cock up everything. They pay the bookkeeper ยฃ10-20 an hour to cock it up then have to pay us 3 times that to literally do it again!

I haven't had any luck finding clients yet for my bookkeeping :(
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    The worst ones are the ones with bookkeepers who cock up everything. They pay the bookkeeper ยฃ10-20 an hour to cock it up then have to pay us 3 times that to literally do it again!

I haven't had any luck finding clients yet for my bookkeeping :(

I'm doing temporary work at a practice that specializes in Doctors and Dentists. The state of some of the Dentists accounts are absolutely abysmal and some of them employ book keepers. All I can say is that they can't be AAT trained bookkeepers!:lol:
    I'm thinking that when my contract finishes end of Feb.,I'll go and knock on some of their doors. Some of them will pay up to ยฃ100 per month for bookkeeping!:thumbup:
  • CJC
    Options
    They should hire me, I could cock up their accounts for only ยฃ7 an hour :001_tongue:
  • mark130273
    Options
    hey i wish i got paid 3 times as much to correct it.....
  • Gem7321
    Options
    I don't get paid 3 times as much, the client pays 3 times as much :tongue_smilie: I see one sixth of my charge out rate :001_rolleyes:
  • mark130273
    Options
    i know.........was only ribbing.......

as for the roll of the eyes.....:001_tt2:
Privacy Policy