trace_sagirl Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Filing :thumbdown:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Filing :thumbdown:

So second that blurghhhh
  • blacksheep
    blacksheep Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor โญ
    Has to be filing, esp in the strictest alphabetical order. Blah. :thumbdown:
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Chasing staff sickness and holiday forms
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Filing in numerical order & chasing the boss for receipts!
  • speegs
    I gave up chasing my CEO for receipts. I would chase and chase and chase and he would ignore me, even when we threatened him with a PAYE inspection he did not bring them in.

Then one day we had a PAYE inspection and sure enough they wanted his receipts. I gave the HMRC officer his personal mobile phone number and told her to feel free to phone him and ask why he had not submitted the receipts.

Funny..... since that day they he has always given me receipts. It might have been something to do will the near on ยฃ3000 he had to pay to HMRC.

:lol::lol:

Speegs
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Thats a good idea, I've tried explaining that I can't claim the VAT back, I've even calculated every month how much VAT we lose and it makes no difference.
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Archiving old files covered in dust and cobwebs.
  • King of the Mountains
    King of the Mountains Registered Posts: 66 Regular contributor โญ
    Sorting out credit card receipts. I told my director that if he didn't give the receipts I would just dr the director's loan account! Ha ha - It makes no difference he still does it and doesn't care how I account for it!
  • Pencil
    Pencil Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor โญ
    I was going to say making the tea for everyone, but actually this is quite a nice little job. It gets you out of the office for quarter of an hour and you keep the wheels of industry turning round!:thumbup1:
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Doing disciplinaries. I hate it.
  • blacksheep
    blacksheep Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor โญ
    Cullen wrote: ยป

Having disciplinaries are awful. :mad2:
    But since it ended in my leaving a job that i hated so much i became depressed, i shouldn't moan.
    But they *are* painful.
  • A-Vic
    Pencil wrote: ยป
    I was going to say making the tea for everyone, but actually this is quite a nice little job. It gets you out of the office for quarter of an hour and you keep the wheels of industry turning round!:thumbup1:

And the most important job too i say nowt like a good builders brew lol
  • A-Vic
    Cullen wrote: ยป

In 4 years never even had an apreysal (sorry for really bad spelling :lol:)
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I have never had an appraisal since leaving Royal Mail in 1992. In fact the first time I even had a written contract employment after that was only about 5 years ago.

Just thought of another 2 office jobs I hate - cleaning out the toilets and moving office. I have moved offices about 6 or 7 times in the last couple of years as used to just work out of the site portacabins to save on overheads. The dust when you lift up a computer or printer is sooo disgusting.
  • A-Vic
    I have never had an appraisal since leaving Royal Mail in 1992. In fact the first time I even had a written contract employment after that was only about 5 years ago.

Just thought of another 2 office jobs I hate - cleaning out the toilets and moving office. I have moved offices about 6 or 7 times in the last couple of years as used to just work out of the site portacabins to save on overheads. The dust when you lift up a computer or printer is sooo disgusting.

O lord yes the dreaded moving office i forgot about that ive set up 2 new offices first one been the firms first office so no filing system just a pile of over 450 files no telephone, fax, computer, file draws nothing.

However 4 years on it turned out to be one of the most satisfiying jobs as now i look round with a sence of pride and smile a little (sad i know) but a fully functioning office over 3 floors and 7 rooms all done by me.
  • speegs
    I have been banned from making the tea because my cuppers are so bloody awful. Result. :)
  • mahdi87
    mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    scanning and shredding loooool
  • A-Vic
    speegs wrote: ยป
    I have been banned from making the tea because my cuppers are so bloody awful. Result. :)

score lol
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    In 4 years never even had an apreysal (sorry for really bad spelling :lol:)

No s**t Vic, I really hadn't noticed... shouldn't this have been a more appropriate icon for you to use? :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

But you like metal so you're okay in my books...
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I've always hated filing.

and the "What do you hope to be doing in 5 years time" question in an appraisal. When I worked in practice the firm's bookkeeper was in her 70's - she wanted to answer, be still alive!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Going completely off topic here, but I was thinking about you this morning Jan. Not because you stalked me through Facebook (though I have added you) but because I downloaded some Rainbow stuff and I remembered you as saying you had a tape in your car. You can be in my AAT heavy rock/metal club too but don't let me down by telling me what you listen to now...
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I was thinking about you this morning Jan

:001_smile:
    you stalked me through Facebook
    Me, stalk?
    You can be in my AAT heavy rock/metal club too
    Ok since you put it so nicely!

Local radio. my head banging days are over, after I realised what was causing the pain in my neck!
  • A-Vic
    No s**t Vic, I really hadn't noticed... shouldn't this have been a more appropriate icon for you to use? :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

But you like metal so you're okay in my books...

Awwww got warm fuzzy accepted feeling :thumbup1:

Should i run ???
  • *Data Input* officer
    *Data Input* officer Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor โญ
    I also hate *photocopying* and *opening post*.
  • VickieVixPhillips
    VickieVixPhillips Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Filing Filing Filing - Hate It! I keep putting it off... really must do it for lead up to End of Year...

Have to say thought, I do love my Job :001_smile:

If Filing's the worst bit - I'll stomach it once a week :001_smile:

Vx
  • A-Vic
    Filing Filing Filing - Hate It! I keep putting it off... really must do it for lead up to End of Year...

Vx

I feel really bad for the office jounor its mostly all she has done for the last 8 weeks filing and arciving i try help whenever possible 'cough' it is deffo the worst job
  • *Data Input* officer

Vx
    Indeed, do you *love* your job-*filing*. Obviously your a really intelligent woman (is there such a thing??) to be challenged by such *rich tasks.*
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Is it just me or does this sound exactly like ambitious from yesterday?
  • *Data Input* officer
    Is it just me or does this sound exactly like ambitious from yesterday?

?
Privacy Policy