Majority of MIP's workload ?

John
John Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
As a MIP what is the majority of the type of work requested ? Is it the entire bookkeeping, wages, VAT returns and accounts for partnerships & small co's - Or, is it more frequently a carrier bag of receipts from a self employed sole trader wanting their self assessment done ?

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi :)

We get a complete cross section, from bookkeeping to Ltd Co accounts, winding up Ltd Cos, sole traders with good records, with bags of receipts, partnerships, payroll, VAT... all manner of general practice.

We try not to encourage bag-of-receipts jobs.:crying:

We are getting a lot of Ltd Cos at the moment, that's always good :thumbup1:
  • JJ43
    JJ43 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    I can totally relate to the classic `bag of receipts` !

I have today, taken charge of a `box of receipts` and Im tyring to think of a good reason for NOT going ahead with the client, so would welcome some ideas of letting them down in a nice way ??
  • Monsoon
    JJ43 wrote: »
    I can totally relate to the classic `bag of receipts` !

I have today, taken charge of a `box of receipts` and Im tyring to think of a good reason for NOT going ahead with the client, so would welcome some ideas of letting them down in a nice way ??

Quote them to make it worth your time. Add a bit for the hassle factor.
    You aren't a charity ;)
  • JJ43
    JJ43 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks for the advice, good idea !

Think I will price myself out of the job all together, as I have just found a final notice and fine from HMRC for not filing annual accounts for year end May08 !! I can hear alarm bells ringing.
  • Monsoon
    JJ43 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice, good idea !

Think I will price myself out of the job all together, as I have just found a final notice and fine from HMRC for not filing annual accounts for year end May08 !! I can hear alarm bells ringing.

Some of these clients just need guidance, and can be trained to do things properly. Others just can't. Go with your gut as to which type this one is. Good luck.
Privacy Policy