Credit crunch; the pauper's thread

Options
blobbyh
blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Rustler's burgers buy one get one free at the Coop... they actually don't taste that bad as long as you don't leave 'em in the microwave too long.

Please feel free to let me and others know of any other BOGOF/bargain offers so we can save more pennies and not end up in the gutter. MIP's would be welcome to post but I imagine they all have personal shoppers and have never even been inside a sub-Sainsburys supermarket such as ASDA, T*sco, Scummerfield etc...

Crunchy nut cereal offers especially welcome.
ยซ1

Comments

• JJ43
    JJ43 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Someone is obviously bored !!

I dont have any BOGOF best buys, but Poundland had a great January sale... `everything 1/2 price`, now that is what you call a bargin.
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Did the forums actually sensor the Tesco or what that you Blobbyh? :laugh:
  • speegs
    Options
    OH I guess it was you. :thumbup:
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Why are people so anti Tesco 'cos they feel they're taking over the world but happy to shop at ASDA which is owned I think by Walmart who have taken over the world?
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Why are people so anti Tesco 'cos they feel they're taking over the world but happy to shop at ASDA which is owned I think by Walmart who have taken over the world?

I dislike both equally, and shop at both equally when the need takes me :001_tt2::laugh::lol::thumbup1::lol: :laugh::001_tt2:

Yes, I'm a MiP and in my post town, the only two supermarkets are M&S and Waitrose. I don't shop in that town much ..... :thumbup:

No BOGOF offers here, I believe you're after moneysavingexdpert.com.... :001_tongue:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Just M&S and Waitrose? Must be a posh town then.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    CJC wrote: ยป
    Just M&S and Waitrose? Must be a posh town then.
    Apparently. Like I said, I don't go there a lot :001_tt2:
  • mehmet
    mehmet Registered Posts: 113 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options

Because we've seen what Tesco will do in the future:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfSi0D7KESk
  • blobbyh
    Options

Maybe because there are only two Asda's in the whole Sussex area covering ooh, Brighton to at least Chichester, roughly thirty miles along the coast. Compare this to say the Woolies killers Tesco who probably have at least ten times that number of supermarkets and Expresses in the same area. I live next door to Worthing where there is one supermarket and four or five Expresses in a fairly small locale, it's so Tesco chock-a-block. Anytime they want a new one they go to the council who say no, then presumably some underhand dealing occurs and bang, we have yet another one! One even opened before it was allowed to, ignoring safety restrictions; their car park wasn't quite ready and it was near a school thus choking traffic on a fast road. They opened anyway and just paid the fine they were given since they'd taken many times that since opening illegally. Very considerate of them putting profit before the safety of children; don't see that in their adverts do you?

So yeah I hate Tesco; they're not even that fricking cheap!
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Saw your op Robert and thought - what you been on tonight!

By post 10 normality has returned! :001_tt2:

Can we please have a tongue in cheek smilie - oh I just remembered you don't like smilies either:crying::001_smile::laugh::huh::tongue_smilie::mad2::glare::ohmy:
  • blobbyh
    Options
    I don't do smilies or even smiles. As for 'LOL', well that's just a pitiful excuse for people to write something they wouldn't dare say in real life on the pretext that the 'LOL' at the end removes the intentional outrage from the comment with the supposedly mutual understanding that no harm should be meant or taken as it's only a joke.

Boy one; I killed your dog today, LOL!
    Boy two; LMAO!
    Both ROFL
    I wish they'd FOAD

Is that more like me too Jan?!
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Maybe because there are only two Asda's in the whole Sussex area covering ooh, Brighton to at least Chichester, roughly thirty miles along the coast. Compare this to say the Woolies killers Tesco who probably have at least ten times that number of supermarkets and Expresses in the same area. I live next door to Worthing where there is one supermarket and four or five Expresses in a fairly small locale, it's so Tesco chock-a-block. Anytime they want a new one they go to the council who say no, then presumably some underhand dealing occurs and bang, we have yet another one! One even opened before it was allowed to, ignoring safety restrictions; their car park wasn't quite ready and it was near a school thus choking traffic on a fast road. They opened anyway and just paid the fine they were given since they'd taken many times that since opening illegally. Very considerate of them putting profit before the safety of children; don't see that in their adverts do you?

So yeah I hate Tesco; they're not even that fricking cheap!

Fair last point, but that's how the big boys of business operate.

"don't hate the player..." comes to mind.
  • Jan
    Options
    Since we're keeping off topic

Yeah, more like you, Robert. And by the way, I really hate TLA, half the time I can't think what the hell they mean!

PS Anybody noticed the time on here gone wonky - you edited your post yesterday at 23.54

Forget that - my computer says its only 23.56.. time for bed I think
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    tesco's is well expensive. and scummerfield??

asda is the cheapest big supermarket. but aldi,lidl & netto....get your bargins....

whats yellow and black and full of cr*p"

you got it........well i hope youve all heard that one !
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Somerfield are doing bacon half price at the moment - ยฃ1.25 a pack. Yummy bacon sandwiches for breakfast Sunday morning!!
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Its bad for you you know, a Will Self proclaimed, shouldnt it be under the counter with the cigarettes? :-)
  • fatandforty
    Options
    But it's very tasty. All Bran just doesn't smell the same and anyway isn't everything bad for you now?!
  • Jan
    Options
    What happened to the diet?
    But I agree, there's nothing quite like the smell/taste of frying bacon.

Better be British though!
  • fatandforty
    Options
    I am very ashamed to say it's from Holland. I will grill it - not so many calories. Although with half term next week I will find it very difficult to stick to a diet. I did lose 2lb this week tho :-)
  • Paul24
    Options
    But it's very tasty. All Bran just doesn't smell the same and anyway isn't everything bad for you now?!

Yes Im not one for dodging the things I enjoy. And a saturday morning after beer on a Friday night, waking up and having a bacon sandwich and a cig is one of those things (well three of those things) :laugh:
  • Jan
    Options
    Will let you off this time! At ยฃ1.25 a pack the farmer will have made a loss anyway!

On buying British - my daughters boyfriend is a farmer and I even had to buy British sugar, since his family grew it.

Well done on loosing 2lb
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Somerfield are doing bacon half price at the moment - ยฃ1.25 a pack. Yummy bacon sandwiches for breakfast Sunday morning!!

Well done F&F (I refuse to use your full name), this is exactly the kind of post this thread was started for! As for the others, I don't care if the bacon originates from the flabby thighs of the HBOS CEO as long as it's cheap and tastes nice.

Paul, how many times have you stopped smoking now or expressed intentions to do so? I gave up at New Year and have been cig free ever since, so had Jamie the last time I heard from him.

Jan, "loosing" weight? Have you inherited Mark's acute inability to spell even the simplest words correctly? Gem'll be angry with you.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Ever so!
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    And you wouldn't like her when she's angry ...
  • blobbyh
    Options
    CJC wrote: ยป
    And you wouldn't like her when she's angry ...

I've heard she eats small children...
  • speegs
    Options
    Me and my family have started using Aldi for some things and they are actually really good. I can highly recommend them.
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Co-op are doing 2 500ml bottles of Irn Bru for ยฃ1.20.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    home & bargin . 3 bottle of 500mm pepsi for a quid !
  • fatandforty
    Options
    Well done F&F (I refuse to use your full name), this is exactly the kind of post this thread was started for! As for the others, I don't care if the bacon originates from the flabby thighs of the HBOS CEO as long as it's cheap and tastes nice.

Paul, how many times have you stopped smoking now or expressed intentions to do so? I gave up at New Year and have been cig free ever since, so had Jamie the last time I heard from him.

Jan, "loosing" weight? Have you inherited Mark's acute inability to spell even the simplest words correctly? Gem'll be angry with you.

I am not really that fat! Am a 12/14 and would rather be a 10/12. Am really 40 tho :-(
  • Paul24
    Options

Paul, how many times have you stopped smoking now or expressed intentions to do so?

Whats it got to do with you?
Privacy Policy