December Exam Results

jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774
Hi,

I have just started to panic can you fail your exams if you don't show workings for everything you do even though you think you've got the right answer. I sat my IAC in December and didnt write workings for a lot of things. Now I am studying Unit 5 and it seems to tell you everywhere that it is very important that you show workings in your exams?

:001_unsure:

Comments

  • Brownie3
    Brownie3 Registered Posts: 45 ? ? ?
    They always advise you to show ALL workings, as points can be gained even if you have the wrong answer. You can gain credit for the fundimental understanding, regardless of not actually showing the final correct answer. Obviously they can't give you anything other than a full mark of nothing, without workings.
  • Melt
    Melt Registered Posts: 23 Dedicated contributor ? ? ?
    I did IAC in December too and don't remember there being a lot of 'working-out' to do to be honest, was mostly just putting the right answer in the right box!

    I wouldn't panic - they can't give you anything other than full marks if you've got the question right, even if you haven't shown your workings. Like Brownie3 said, workings are useful if you don't have the right answer but did have the right method but not essential if you've got the answer right anyway I guess.

    Less than a week to go now!
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774
    Melt wrote: »
    I did IAC in December too and don't remember there being a lot of 'working-out' to do to be honest, was mostly just putting the right answer in the right box!

    I wouldn't panic - they can't give you anything other than full marks if you've got the question right, even if you haven't shown your workings. Like Brownie3 said, workings are useful if you don't have the right answer but did have the right method but not essential if you've got the answer right anyway I guess.

    Less than a week to go now!

    Yeah it's been a long time coming. Tried to put it to the back of my head over Christmas but as it gets nearer I'm starting to get nervous. Good Luck with your results:thumbup1:
  • *Data Input* officer
    *Data Input* officer Registered Posts: 59 ? ? ?
    jewels.p wrote: »
    Hi,

    I have just started to panic can you fail your exams if you don't show workings for everything you do even though you think you've got the right answer. I sat my IAC in December and didnt write workings for a lot of things. Now I am studying Unit 5 and it seems to tell you everywhere that it is very important that you show workings in your exams?

    :001_unsure:

    Someone who don't know if it is best to include full workings of solutions??My oh my. Inexperienced AATer. See you over on the failure thread (many times).
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774
    Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed today? Nearly every post I have looked at today you have made nasty comments.

    Just for the record you won't be seeing me in the failure thread cause I PASSED so there:001_tongue:
  • *Data Input* officer
    *Data Input* officer Registered Posts: 59 ? ? ?
    jewels.p wrote: »
    Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed today? Nearly every post I have looked at today you have made nasty comments.

    Just for the record you won't be seeing me in the failure thread cause I PASSED so there:001_tongue:


    you say:
    "Just for the record you won't be seeing me in the failure thread cause I PASSED so there"

    Very mature.
Privacy Policy