Aat mip

Matt Brand
Matt Brand Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸

I am an AAT member and work for a firm of accountants. I have been offered some on-the-side bookkeeping work. Do I have to become an AAT MIP as I am an AAT member?




  • T J
    T J Registered Posts: 26 💫 🐯 💫
    Yes you should be a licenced MIP. You'll also need to go self-employed.
    Or you could go PAYE for the bookkeeping and then I don't think you would need to be a MIP.
    It's also worth checking you contract of employment with the firm of accountants you are with as you might not be allowed to do on the side work.
Privacy Policy