Procedures - do they count anywhere?

Options
sarahwilson
sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
I've got the task of typing out procedures relating to tasks within the accounts and admin department where I work. Since I am also creating and where necessary showing people how to do tasks, where I have decreed my way is more efficient, surely this counts towards my evidence. But where and how shall I put it in? Print each one off and put it in the relevant section, or get my manager to say I did do it and put in the relevant unit?

Comments

• blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    or get my manager to say "I did do it and put in the relevant unit"?

What did he do and what are his relevant units? Sorry, I'm being flippant with your posts again...

But you have lost me there Sarah! Is this purely work related - hence posting on the Chat forum - or is it something for your AAT coursework?
  • sarahwilson
    Options
    Sorry Robert, yes I was wondering if they could count towards my AAT coursework!!

I've got a few to do, some are just getting an existing way of doing something down on paper as a company procedure, like dealing with credit card payments or posting cutomer receipts. Some of them are new procedures I have thought up for things like processing refunds on our new e-commerce site and putting in place a new credit control process.

They sound like the sort of thing that would count towards the NVQ evidence but I don't know where:blushing:
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Sounds like great material for the MAS project as this is all about implementing new procedures to improve an existing control.

You mentioned about credit card payments and customer receipts, this may contribute to Receipts and Payments (Unit 7 I think?). Do you have a personal tutor you could ask?
  • sarahwilson
    Options
    I do and shes great but she talks gobbledygook when it comes to the portfolio bless her:laugh:
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Well, if you're undertaking financial research from other sources in order to write your processes wouldn't this also count towards your CPD?
Privacy Policy