AAT Appeal

Options
crybaby
crybaby Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
I have now failed PEV 6 times, on this occasion it's section 2 I too am only waiting on this one for completion. What is it with PEV, why have I been OK on all other exams. Is there a particularly evil person that marks PEV.

I really do not know now whether to carry on, firstly my fees are due in May so I will have to pay them before a re-sit in June. An appeal is £43. Is it worth it, is this a sign that I am not meant to do AAT anymore?:mad2: I could be in this situation for the next 10 sittings. I am just not meant to pass PEV.
I thought of putting in a complaint to AAT regarding last question, section 2 as it was not relevant to Technician stage and I never came across it in intermediate level either. I am studying at home, maybe it's something that was taught in college.
What do you think? is anyone else complaining

CB

Comments

• axl2derv
    axl2derv Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I think your complaint will fall on deaf ears. You shouldn't give up as you are nearly there. You just need to live, eat, breath, sleep and s**t PEV. You will get there in the end.

May I recommend playing Survivors “Eye of the tiger” when studying and have Apollo Creed's motivational speech from Rocky 3 on loop...."THERE IS NO TOMORROW!!!"
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Wouldn't be worth quiting until you at least try taking classes
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi Crybaby. I know this is hard, but honestly don't quit. I would recommend buying different text books from different colleges. I say this because when I sat my unit 33 (unit 8/9 equivalent on diploma) I found it very difficult, but when I purchased a few other books and got not only the subject from a different angle, but also tonnes more question practice, I found it more straight forward. I can highly recommend the Kaplan books as these have about 60 individual practice questions in the back, and also explain the subject in more details than other books I have worked from.

All the best of luck.

Speegs :001_smile:
  • crybaby
    Options
    Speegs
    I tried taking classes but prefer home study, it was quite dificult going into a class at technician level when the class had already been established since foundation.

Also its a lot of money (£275) to go into a class just for PEV, I was also quoted this to use my tutor for help when doing home study.
    So what I done was just work through the boooks at home and just pay to sit the exam at the college

CB
  • crybaby
    Options
    Thank you Speegs will try Kaplan

At the moment I am using Osbourne, BPP and Faulkes Lynch revision books.

Passed all other exams first time, PEV is a pig
  • Jon_1984
    Jon_1984 Registered Posts: 186 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    crybaby wrote: »
    Speegs
    I tried taking classes but prefer home study, it was quite dificult going into a class at technician level when the class had already been established since foundation.

CB

I would estimate over half our class were new this year for technician - A lot of people either rejoined after breaking their studys for a while, stopped their studys cause work stopped paying or for a break, switched to or from daytime studys or have randomly joined for one module and disappeared again.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    It sounds like you could do with a study buddy.

Where are you, perhaps you could team up with someone in your area and work together?
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
Privacy Policy