cinema

Options
taskey
taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
just got back from the cinema - went to watch bedtime stories. what a great fun film :thumbup: both my girls (and I) loved it.

it is difficult in germany as the nearest english cinema is 45 minutes away so on a schoolnight it is hard taking the girls. but as it is half term, i decided to treat them.

we are going again on thursday night as it is High School Musical 3 :cool:

Tracy
Β«1

Comments

• fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Was thinking of taking my lot to see Hotel for Dogs. Has anybody seen it and if so was it any good?
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Taking the kids to see Bolt tomorrow. It's great using the kids as an excuse to watch the films I really want to see!!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    columbia wrote: Β»
    Taking the kids to see Bolt tomorrow. It's great using the kids as an excuse to watch the films I really want to see!!

Ive heard its great enjoy
  • columbia
    Options
    Thanks I fully intend to!
  • *Data Input* officer
    *Data Input* officer Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    taskey wrote: Β»
    just got back from the cinema - went to watch bedtime stories. what a great fun film :thumbup: both my girls (and I) loved it.

it is difficult in germany as the nearest english cinema is 45 minutes away so on a schoolnight it is hard taking the girls. but as it is half term, i decided to treat them.

we are going again on thursday night as it is High School Musical 3 :cool:

Tracy

Perhaps if you spent more time with the books and less on the cinema your marks may be higher.......if only a little.
  • fatandforty
    Options
    Perhaps some of us don't need to spend so much time with our books as others. Some people find things come more naturally and some struggle. Perhaps that's why you are so grumpy?
  • James Cristiano
    James Cristiano Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Dear ambitious/*Data Input* officer,

Dear ambitious/*Data Input* officer,

Please refer to the AAT Forum user Terms & Conditions by clicking on the link below;

http://www.aat.org.uk/forums_terms_and_conditions/

Misuse of the AAT forums, and/or intimidation towards other AAT students/members could lead to a permanent forums user ban. Continued misuse of the AAT Forums could potentially lead to an internal investigation by the AAT's Conduct & Compliance Team.

Kind Regards,
    AAT Web Team
  • taskey
    Options
    wow i am so glad i started this thread!!!

thanks for stepping in James - much appreciated.

any one would think that *data input* actually knew me and that my grades were THAT bad that i was avoiding studying to spend time with my kids.

numpty

Tracy

AAARRRGGGHHH some people
  • taskey
    Options
    also thanks F&F for stepping in too

Tracy
  • jkc
    jkc Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    ahh i rest my case.
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Back to original topic, can you let us know if Bolt is as good as advertised, debating about taking my boy to it.

Love the song from it that is always on the radio just now.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    PAMDILL wrote: Β»
    Back to original topic, can you let us know if Bolt is as good as advertised, debating about taking my boy to it.

Love the song from it that is always on the radio just now.

A friend took her nice to see it and they said it was great and dead funny
  • fatandforty
    Options
    I haven't seen it myself but my 12 year old boy went to see it this week and wasn't too impressed.
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I saw Hotel for Dogs on Wednesday with my two who are 7 & 11. My 7 year old loved it, my 11 year old laughed in places and I found it entertaining but not as good as some I have seen. I wanted to see Bolt so maybe I was sulking, I did see a trailer for Aliens vs Monsters that looks pretty good.
  • columbia
    Options
    Hi,

I was going to take the kids yesterday but we went shopping instead, but we are all going to see Bolt at 3.30 today. My friend said it wasn't as good as she expected - but films rarely are, my 3 are 13, 10 and 5, so I'll post their review later!
  • fatandforty
    Options
    I am taking a 5, 9, 10 and 12 year old to watch Hotel for Dogs at 2.15. Have fun.
  • columbia
    Options
    You too

Hope you have a great weekend too!

Ps - How have you managed to have a 5 year old child in the space of a day?
  • fatandforty
    Options
    She's my friends little girl and I am looking after her this week while her Mum's at work. She works full time in accounts and we go together to college on a Thursday night. Very observant though! lol
  • columbia
    Options
    Aah, that it explains it!
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    She works full time in accounts and we go together to college on a Thursday night. Very observant though! lol

Impressive for a five year old!!!
  • claire2609
    claire2609 Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I really want to see Bolt - Have no children as an excuse to go though, so hoping to borrow one!!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    She's my friends little girl and I am looking after her this week while her Mum's at work. She works full time in accounts and we go together to college on a Thursday night. Very observant though! lol

I have some filing to do if she wants to start work here lol
  • columbia
    Options
    Ok, review of Bolt....

13 Year old says "Wasn't very good, a bit boring"
    10 Year old says "I liked it!"
    5 Year old says "Really Good, Great, it was fantastic!"
    37 Year old says "I fell asleep, but the ending was great as it meant the film was over!"

Looks like it was a winner with the younger viewers!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I really want to see Bolt - Have no children as an excuse to go though, so hoping to borrow one!!

I have a couple spare - shall I post them to you?
  • diane79
    diane79 Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I saw Hotel For Dogs a week ago, I thought it was quite good (didn't expect much though) 7 year old thought it was brilliant, 12 year old would rather watch a Bourne or Bond film.
  • claire2609
    claire2609 Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    I have a couple spare - shall I post them to you?

hehe - Yeah great please included a prepaid envelope for their return!!!
  • taskey
    Options
    BOLT

OMG

what a film, i took my daughter and her friend to see it (dragged the protesting hubby too)

it is 2 hours of my life i am never going to get back and that is sad. Although i must say the girls loved it.

i also watched bedtime stories on the weekend too - FAB, Loved it. kids enjoyed it too

anyone going to watch any good films this week?
  • fatandforty
    Options
    I took my 3 kids to see Secret of Moonacre last weekend at the Kids Club showing, so it only cost Β£1.50 each. Had never hear of the film but it was very good. My sister wants me to go and see Confessions of a Shopaholic with her. Make a change to see a chic flic instead of a kids film! Marley and me looks good too.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    my ones 4 .so you reckon she would like bolt then ?
  • taskey
    Options
    my ones 4 .so you reckon she would like bolt then ?

she would love it

we went on sunday afternoon and it was full of younger kids and i thought it would be a nightmare, but they all laughed in the same place and right near the end, the cinema was silent- i am not lying.
Privacy Policy