some advice

lynn26
lynn26 Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
HI everyone can some one give me some good advice im on last year of aat but just failed both papers from december exam but have also failed a resit of ecr costing from intermediate is it worth carrying on with the last year and sit the 3 exams in june and do the 2 resits in december for the ones i just faiuled or shall i just pack them in and study ecr for june exam can someone give me some good advice thanks

Comments

• Katiepalmer
    Katiepalmer Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    lynn26 wrote: »
    HI everyone can some one give me some good advice im on last year of aat but just failed both papers from december exam but have also failed a resit of ecr costing from intermediate is it worth carrying on with the last year and sit the 3 exams in june and do the 2 resits in december for the ones i just faiuled or shall i just pack them in and study ecr for june exam can someone give me some good advice thanks

Dont give up!! ECR will come to you just do a couple of practice papers, as with the December exams this was a completely new layout so everyone thought that they might of failed I failed Section 1 of PEV and by the sounds of it I might join in with the gang of people appealing as I was quite confident with this paper PCR however I thought I had messed up completely?

Dont give up you will kick yourself for going through 3 years and chucking it in hang on in there its worth the pay you can get with having the qualification!!:thumbup1:
  • lynn26
    thanks katie for your advice im carrying on with aat just not quite sure when to resit my ecr costing paper whether to resit it in june or forget about it for while and do it in december ..
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    lynn26 wrote: »
    thanks katie for your advice im carrying on with aat just not quite sure when to resit my ecr costing paper whether to resit it in june or forget about it for while and do it in december ..

Lynn i'd attempt it sooner rather than later and get it out of the wat that way you can concentrate on the other too next december

Good luck

Vic :001_smile:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    think it would be better to study just one .....ecr from last year and then start a fresh new year with the 2 you sat in dec...

but depends on how you feel on them all !!!
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Lynn i'd attempt it sooner rather than later and get it out of the wat that way you can concentrate on the other too next december

Good luck

Vic :001_smile:

Hi, i totally agree with A-Vic, I would do it sooner than later......Please please do not give up......I had to resit one exam in December and passed it, and I can honeslty say that the feeling I got when i had passed was brilliant, I was at home with my two teenage Sons when I found out and it is the first time in my life I was shouting Whoopies all over the house and jumping up and down..the looks on the boys faces was a picture...... and being able to put those letters after your name is a great achievement...Just keep thinking of what you have already achieved............................YOU will do it!!!!!!:001_wub:
  • mark130273
    thought you were fully qualified dianne !!

hows you anyway !!!
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I am now.....I had to resit PEV in December..failed part two last June....

I am fine thank you......you sound like you have had a good weekend.
  • mark130273
    had a little tipple...........

or maybe a few.....

boss little thank you for the work in jan deadline...

im still trying to get back into the swing of things...
  • A-Vic
    mark130273 wrote: »
    had a little tipple...........

or maybe a few.....

boss little thank you for the work in jan deadline...

im still trying to get back into the swing of things...

Ha all i got is "are you ready for Payroll filing in May"
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    You must be devestated but I do think maybe you need to take a step back and look at the potential causes of failing three exams in one go before jumping straight back in again. If it was lack of time or preparation then quite frankly, it'd be suicidal to attempt even more exams in the next sitting. Of course you should carry on with AAT but it's not a race to become qualified and you do need to be realistic about your abilities to sit what and when. For me, the logical choice would be to defer learning any new modules and now concentrate on the ones you have failed. Since you should already have much of that knowledge still relatively fresh in your head, you'll now have three months of revision to nail the topics before entering the next round.

I certainly wouldn't recommend attempting new modules now while you still have so many outstanding ones as there's a great possibility of you 'mish-mashing' so much knowledge that you could end up failing everything and becoming even lower.
  • A-Vic
    Yeah totally agre with robert.

I can never understand the major rush to get the AAT completed in such i rush anyway, next year i may be doing it over two years (no day release from work, and evenings are outta the question) but whats the rush anyway at least taking your time gives you more time to intake and proces what your learning
  • lynn26
    advice

hi all would just like to thank everyone who left messages and advice for myself ive decided to resit ecr costing in june and carry on quietly with the other modules . many thanks to you all again.
    lynn......
Privacy Policy