Btc june 2009

Yestin
Yestin Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi Everyone,

I've noticed people saying they have passed PEV, DFS ect.......but dont seem to read much about the BTC? Does this mean that everyone just passes it easily or something and it's not worth a mention? I just passed my DFS and MAC and the BTC is my last exam, does anyone have any advice on how to approach this one?

Thanks,
Yestin
:thumbup:

Comments

• carla030698
    carla030698 Registered Posts: 112 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Yes nobody seems to be mentioning BTC and PTC??? Lets hope its because it is so easy and noone needs help!
    Im sitting them both in June after passing my MAC and DFS in December, when these 2 are done, thats it wooo hoooo! x :001_smile:
  • brett316
    brett316 Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
    Well I took PTC in December and passed :thumbup: so theres one :001_tt2: as for BTC I dont know I also have that in June along with 3 others :thumbdown:
  • garry_coombs
    garry_coombs Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    i took and passed decembers btc, i found it straight forward, as i had prepared well through book learning

Its probably not discussed as much as its an optional unit and there wasn't any controversy in this exam as it was fairly straight forward.

Good luck with it
  • MrPolea
    MrPolea Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    All i can add to this is that i sat BTC and PTC both last june, passes Personal but failed business, i then re-sat business in December and managed to fail it again.... i need more time to prep for it and that is what i would suggest for anyone else sitting this in june - i thought i had everything sorted i even thought i did really well in the exam, but when i got my results on tuesday i had once again passed part 1 and failed part 2.....

Third time lucky!!
  • Dorset Student
    Dorset Student Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    I passed, first time, BTC and PTC in December. They do take a lot of hard work and revision, but I think they are the more "straight forward" units than MAC and DFS.

Tracy
  • Yestin
    Well, I think what I'll do what I have been doing for all the papers......read the book once and do all passed papers until I turn blue....seems to have worked thus far.
  • *Data Input* officer
    *Data Input* officer Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    Yestin wrote: »
    Well, I think what I'll do what I have been doing for all the papers......read the book once and do all passed papers until I turn blue....seems to have worked thus far.
    That is the intelligent way to go about it. The problem is, finding intellegence amongst 95% of the board (100% for women) isn't an easy thing.
  • Yestin
    That is the intelligent way to go about it. The problem is, finding intellegence amongst 95% of the board (100% for women) isn't an easy thing.
    Not sure I understand that comment?
  • Greycow
    Greycow Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor ⭐
    As with your post in the Chat forum I find your reply totally needless and offensive, if you cannot say something respectful do not say anything at all.
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Greycow,

Don't worry, he's been at it all day and has been warned by the AAT to stop his posts.

Cheers
    Trace
  • mark057
    mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I passed BTC in Dec 2007.

It's not the most difficult of the technician exams but does deserve a lot of respect because it can be quite a technical paper in parts.

The key to the paper is knowing the tax rules inside out and practising the papers regularly.

Just aside from the BTC paper I've noticed a pretty awful reply to this thread about people on this site not being intelligent. I also noticed some other threads yesterday with some pretty vile comments to.

Why don't some people just treat their fellow students with some respect? I'm sick and tired of these people spoiling what is a pretty good forum for discussing our subject.

I suggest all students complain to the moderator when they see anything that crosses the line and drive these people off the forum because their criticisms are usually just uneducated rubbish and not even constructive.

Mark
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    BTC and PTC are both essentially based on formulas; if you can learn, understand and apply the formulas correctly then you should be OK.

It is also quite useful that the 'baseline' information is provided in the front of the exam paper, so you don't have to remember that too.

I just passed BTC, PTC and FRA in the December sitting and quite honestly found studying taxation easier than FRA. I still get a bit muddled with Dr, Cr and journal entries and have an FRA simulation to sit tomorrow, so fingers crossed!

Learn all the rules on taxation and you should be OK.

Good luck - I think both taxation subjects are very useful - and also a testament to your character as lots of people think tax is really scary and you are a genius :thumbup: if you understand it!!!!!

Annie :001_smile:
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
Privacy Policy