Hacked forum accounts

Options
*Sarah*
*Sarah* Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Anyone noticed a trend of posters who always seemed quite genuine all of a sudden 'turning' and being nasty on the forums? Seems a bit fishy to me. Think they may be being hacked. First Anonomous and now data input officer

Comments

• PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Just made roughly the same comment on another thread, had not seen the anonomous posts but had seen the *Data Input* Officer posts yesterday.
  • *Sarah*
    *Sarah* Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I'm pretty sure they weren't nasty charaters before so seems strange
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Anyone noticed a trend of posters who always seemed quite genuine all of a sudden 'turning' and being nasty on the forums? Seems a bit fishy to me. Think they may be being hacked. First Anonomous and now data input officer

These people are the same person
  • mark057
    mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    It's possible they could have been hacked.

It needs stopping whoever it is. I'm going to report anything like it that I see in future because it has no place on the forum.

Also if the users concerned have not posted the comments then they need to get in contact with the AAT.

Mark
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    In response to your reply Mark, I was one of the users concerned and the AAT have been informed.

I too also wondered the same as Sarah, but we will never know if an innocent persons account was hacked or not.

I notice James Christiano has now posted a reminder about user etiquette, and in my opinion he must be commended for his quick response to this matter.

It's good to know that malicious posts are from only a minority of people.

Lets try and put this unfortunate episode behind us now, as the person in question may still have access to the site, and will probably be getting real pleasure out of the hurt he/she has caused.

Kind regards
    Trace
  • mark057
    mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I don't care if the person concerned has received some sort of pleasure from it because they are just pathetic.

I just hope nobody took any of it seriously because in my experience none of what was said had any foundation. It just sounded like a rant from someone that was unhinged.

Mark
Privacy Policy