Will i be going in blind

Options
RittyLeigh
RittyLeigh Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
Hi i was hoping someone could help me.

I have a decision to make and was hoping someone who is currently studying at this leevl could help.

I am studying Foundation level at the moment, and bcus i am moving providors i am able to begin at Intermediate level due to my experince without finishing Foundation. Would i be going into this having no clue on certain areas, (That would have been studyed in Foundation) or do you think i will be ok.
I deal with Accruals and reversald. prepayments etc at work, and the balance sheet, and reconciling the contrl accounts from the balance sheet. i just dont want to struggle at all, when i actually have the choice to complete foundation, and just set my self back a few months.

Thanks in advance

Rikki

Comments

• Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    As long as you have a really clear understanding of double entry (which I'm sure you do based on your work) you'll be fine. But if you do struggle with something you must ask, whether that's your tutor or on here!

Good luck with your studies!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    all you have discribed you learn at imtermdiate anyway so i wouldn't strees it
  • mazzy
    mazzy Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I started at intermediate as had worked in banks for years and had 5 years as a book keeper and knew what a debit and credit was - sounds as though you would breeze through intermediate level.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Well, it's a little more than that but if you can already produce a simple P&L and Balance Sheet from scratch with the underpinning knowledge (theory) of what it is you're actually doing then you should be okay with the Financial Accounting side of things.
  • RittyLeigh
    RittyLeigh Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Thanks

Well thats the thing bobby, i dont! I just work from what someone else has given me!

Thanks everyone else for having faith :001_smile:
    I just dont know!

x
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I didn't know how to a P&L at all when I started Unit 5 in October and I passed it in December, if you put the time in and practise it will come to you.
Privacy Policy