Bitten off more than can chew

Primble
Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
hi

I started my diploma level in mid jan. i have sai i want to do three exams in june but am now realising stdying three units at a time while planning a wedding, buying a flat and working full time is impossible and am feeling downheartend which is only making it worse.

nothing is going in and my brain has turned to mush. can't even remember that thing that helps you remember whether something is a debit or a credit.

I know i've done this stuff before when doing a levels but obviously the names have changed as well as the standards which just confuses me more.

please save my brain

Comments

• farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    hi

I started my diploma level in mid jan. i have sai i want to do three exams in june but am now realising stdying three units at a time while planning a wedding, buying a flat and working full time is impossible and am feeling downheartend which is only making it worse.

nothing is going in and my brain has turned to mush. can't even remember that thing that helps you remember whether something is a debit or a credit.

I know i've done this stuff before when doing a levels but obviously the names have changed as well as the standards which just confuses me more.

please save my brain

If you haven't yet paid for your exams, then withdraw from one and just do two.
    I think you also need to sit down and plan out your time a bit better, allowing time for study, wedding planning and flat buying. I'm sure this is just a sticky stage you are going through. You will get there. We all have similar problems fitting things in but we get there in the end.
    Good luck with your studies and your wedding.
  • Primble
    yeah you're probably right. just got bit panicy when doing dfs earlier
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    yeah you're probably right. just got bit panicy when doing dfs earlier

Funnily enough, I was having a second crack at that at college this evening
  • Primble
    yeah. my brain has turned to mush so im not sure how much went in and iv got a progress test to do and send at end of the week.the standards just arent going in and i cant remember debit and credit so that most of unit messed up.
  • mark057
    mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I can completely sympathise with you on this one.

I got an idea into my head to study for four technician exams in one go, whilst also working full-time.

I passed the lot first time but have to admit on reflection that it was just too much. I should have done two at a time really.

Don't get down hearted. Just try and focus on what you can fit into your schedule and devise a plan you can stick too.

I learnt that trying to fit it all in just does not work and you ultmately need to find a balance in your life.

Good luck with your wedding and keep going because it is all worth it in the end. I was buzzing on results day.

Mark
  • lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I'm actually trying to decide how much I can handle at the minute. I've passed DFS and PCR, and completed the Auditing Sim, I am currently covering CMCC and PEV at college 2 evenings a week. I've been offered the oportunity to do the 2 tax units, but this means an extra night at college, I work full time, play in a band (this may have to go if I decide to go for it!) and have all the usual house work to do. If I do these this year I will only have the exams to pay on top of the tution that's already paid for, or wait till next year and pay out another ยฃ300ish.

HELP
  • brett316
    brett316 Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor โญ
    Its a lot of work but I think you will find most of the people on these forums work full time, have kids etc. Its manageable if you are prepared to actually do the work and not just find excuses of why you can't. I hope that doesnt sound mean, just there is already a lot of people who have done it and many more that will do it ....
  • lessci
    IT's just a case of whether I'm willing to stress myself for the short period of time till june I think............. Or just to complete without the tax units and take the financial hit next year.
  • Andrewh26
    Andrewh26 Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor โญ
    You could just have a crack at it, if you fail, just try again, if you take 3 and pass just 1, then it's been worth it and you can concentrate on passing 2 in december, instead of going for all 3.
  • lessci
    I've decided to go for it, As long as I pass PEV I'll qualify, I'll just have to be VERY orgainised
Privacy Policy