Should I study the ACCA full time???

NERDEE
NERDEE Registered Posts: 6 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
I have been studying the AAT full time for the last year a half and will complete it in June. I now have the option to study for the ACCA but am not sure whether to do this full-time or part-time.

Any advice or suggestions?

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    well if you antake the time out to study it full time....think i would go for that.....

wether that would help you get throught it quicker ?? dont know..
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    If I were you I would study part time and try and get a job.

I see so many posts from people who are qualified with no experience and struggle to find a job - seen as overqualified for some jobs and under experienced for others.

You need 3 years practical experience for membership anyway so you might as well get it along the way rather than trying to do it afterwards.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    If I were you I would study part time and try and get a job.

I see so many posts from people who are qualified with no experience and struggle to find a job - seen as overqualified for some jobs and under experienced for others.

You need 3 years practical experience for membership anyway so you might as well get it along the way rather than trying to do it afterwards.

Hey blue

A quick one for you - when you say 3 years experience is it from when you started AAT or can it be like for me 4 years working in practice?
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    3 years is for ACCA and as long as you can cover the objectives and you can be signed off by a qualified accountant then it can be your time in practice i.e. before you register with ACCA.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    3 years is for ACCA and as long as you can cover the objectives and you can be signed off by a qualified accountant then it can be your time in practice i.e. before you register with ACCA.

Great thanks :001_smile:
Privacy Policy