AAT Diploma Distance Learning help

Options
emmag
emmag Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor ⭐
I am a graduate but gaining only a 2:2 in Business management hasn't enabled me to get a graduate postion so I'm looking to do the longer way round and take the AAT diploma.

I have already taken a bookkeeping Diploma with the Institute of Certified bookkeepers so I think I can start with the advance certificate? Does anybody have any advice on this?

I am looking into distance learning and having made a mistake with a learning provider before I do not want to spend out a lot of money and find I've chosen a bad one again. Does anybody have any good recommendations taking into consideration the price of the courses too? I've seen it mentioned on here that many people are just buying the course content and doing it themselves? Is this advisable? How do you know if you have got each bit of coursework correct if you don't have a tutor? And regarding this option where do you buy the course content from?

Thanks

Comments

• PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Kaplan are not too bad although it took me a while to track down a tutor to ask questions, the good thing is their books are combined text and work books so in each chapter you ahve activities to complete as you go along and the answers are at the end of the chapter to check.

Also heard good things about eagle education

I started at advanced level/intermediate as I have many years bookkeeping/accounts experience.

You do need to have a good grasp of double entry - I had 7 years of doing manual books through to trial balance so that helped.
  • emmag
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I have narrowed it down to Premier and Kaplan I think. Kaplan have a college nearby so that is looking to be the better option for me although it's more expensive. But at least if I wanted some revision sessions then they are available to me.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    emmag wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. I have narrowed it down to Premier and Kaplan I think. Kaplan have a college nearby so that is looking to be the better option for me although it's more expensive. But at least if I wanted some revision sessions then they are available to me.

I did my Foundation with Premier Training last year and am now on the Intermediate Stage. I have had no problems with them and get assignments marked and returned quickly. If I have any problems I just email them and if my designated tutor is not available another one gets back to me nearly straight away. You can also phone them anytime you are stuck. I would recommend Premier to anyone looking to do Distance Learning. :thumbup1:

Good Luck!:001_smile:
  • emmag
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. What do you do about exams? Where do you take them?
  • JnClaude E Clifford
    JnClaude E Clifford Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Consider self study

You can do some units through self-study. eg units; 5, 6, 11. its not worth the money paying for tutors etc. however you will need to pay for the skill test.

Once you register with aat all you need to do is buy the books(I am using Kaplan. much better written compared to the other providers). :thumbup1:

I passed units 30 and 5 by self study and planing to take exams in June for units 6 and 11.

If you can and have the wake up at 5am very day do 2.5 hr. If you need help I find this forum far better. Most students will have he answers or ideas on how best to tackle the topic.

All the best
    Jnclaude
    0772-392-6456
Privacy Policy