Sleepovers

fatandforty
fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
Am I the only parent stupid enough to allow their kids a sleepover on a Friday night when I am (sadly) knackered! At the moment is truly sounds like I have 4 elephants upstairs. I will without a doubt want to go to sleep hours before them and will definitely want to wake up hours after them. On top of that they will then all be grumpy tomorrow from lack of sleep!!

Why do I do it to myself??

Comments

• Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Ahh gone are the days of sleepovers :-) I miss those days. The stuff we got up to was mental. We'd sneak some alcohol from somewhere and swig it between ourselves before getting up to some rather freaky sheet... ahhh, those were the days.
  • fatandforty
    Oh my God!! Perhaps I should go up and check on them?
  • fatandforty
    Is that when you made a start on the 500 babies??!!
  • Buff
    500? lol, who's been lieing to you? Baggy!!! you didn't tell him about the ones in Cambodia? heh, unlucky on the "elephants" upstair though mate, bad move - but a good one for the popularity stakes... you'll always be known as the "cool dad in the group". Tis what I plan to be, so good luck :-)
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Drinking, fornicating, fighting - I too miss those pre-teen days...
  • Buff
    |PRE| ?

You mean, having sleepovers at 15 was wrong?

OK, to the parents of the house I slept over ddn't know it was a sleep over, and they didn't know it was only me.... but still... PRE?
  • fatandforty
    Buff, it must have been you lying! Check out your 'about me'. Def says you make 500 babies a year!!

And I am a cool Mum not Dad!

Seems to have gone quiet upstairs now but am more worried than relieved. What are they doing?!
  • fatandforty
    Actually also says you are cute and furry:001_unsure:
  • Buff
    Hahah, well, 2 out of 3 aint bad.. ill leave you to decide which 2. Are they all girls, chances are they're all talking about what boys they managed to kiss this afternoon in kissy catch or if they're boys, they probably are talking about what football team is the best. Failing that, you got REAL lucky, and they all fell asleep!
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    This makes my sleep overs sound boring, we used to scare ourselves silly watching zombie films and then my dad would go outside and bang on the window to scare us some more :(
  • fatandforty
    Buff wrote: Β»
    Hahah, well, 2 out of 3 aint bad.. ill leave you to decide which 2. Are they all girls, chances are they're all talking about what boys they managed to kiss this afternoon in kissy catch or if they're boys, they probably are talking about what football team is the best. Failing that, you got REAL lucky, and they all fell asleep!

We all survived the sleepover! Amazingly enough I did get REAL REAL lucky and they had all fallen asleep and then they didn't wake me up until 9am the next morning. Not so bad after all.
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    MY 5 year old is asking about having sleepovers already - managed to put him off but I am dreading those days.

Do you think I could get him to do them at his Gran's?

(Only kidding)
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    PAMDILL wrote: Β»
    MY 5 year old is asking about having sleepovers already - managed to put him off but I am dreading those days.

Do you think I could get him to do them at his Gran's?

(Only kidding)

I think it is safer to let them have a sleepover in your house than let your children go on a sleepover somewhere else......well that is my experience.....when one of my sons went on one he came back with one eye browe missing...they all thought it would be fun to shave it off.:lol:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Am I the only parent stupid enough to allow their kids a sleepover on a Friday night when I am (sadly) knackered! At the moment is truly sounds like I have 4 elephants upstairs. I will without a doubt want to go to sleep hours before them and will definitely want to wake up hours after them. On top of that they will then all be grumpy tomorrow from lack of sleep!!

Why do I do it to myself??

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh no have i got that to look forward too.......

mine only 4..............so got a few years yet then !!!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Diannew wrote: Β»
    Iwhen one of my sons went on one he came back with one eye browe missing...they all thought it would be fun to shave it off.:lol:

Think I'd have found that pretty funny too as long as it wasn't me or one of mine...
  • Buff
    another favourite of ours was to wait until the first one fell asleep then daampen a cinninmin (spell check please) chewing gum and stick it between their top lip and nose overnight.
    They'd wake up with a nice new burnt on moustache :-)

It was either that or take really disturbing pictures ,,,, ahh the days
  • Diannew
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    Think I'd have found that pretty funny too as long as it wasn't me or one of mine...

My Son thought it was quite funny also....little angel that he is:lol::lol:
  • Diannew
    Buff wrote: Β»
    another favourite of ours was to wait until the first one fell asleep then daampen a cinninmin (spell check please) chewing gum and stick it between their top lip and nose overnight.
    They'd wake up with a nice new burnt on moustache :-)

It was either that or take really disturbing pictures ,,,, ahh the days

That sounds more like a swingers party than a sleepover:lol::lol:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    sounds like a laugh a minute in your house/work hey BUFF !!!

do you work or just sit there thinking of ways of playing practical jokes............sound like a big old prude .....

lol
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    i hate my daughter having sleepovers, only because she likes to invite the same 3 girls every time and i know what problems i am going to get from them.

1 child is a teachers daughter and always knows best

1 child looks at everything in the house and says "why is that there" to everything

and 1 child never brings sleepwear (although i am sure she does) and wants to borrow my older daughters stuff, she also likes to sneak around in the night and stand at the end of your bed in a chucky like stance - scary as hell!!

needless to say i tend to shun the conversation when she asks for a sleepover.

Ttracy
  • fatandforty
    I must admit I prefer my boys having sleepovers than my daughter. When my daughters' "best friend" sleeps over they always end up squabbling and then I have both of them crying all evening and the next morning. My sons are always both very surprised by this behaviour. :001_rolleyes:
Privacy Policy