Offering assistance voluntary?

Options
smileyface
smileyface Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
Hello,

I am currently studying the last stage of AAT. I am working full time. Eventually once I have completed my exams, I would like to set up my own practice.

What are members thoughts on a student like me doing voluntary work for practices to gain further experience.

I feel that this will help further with my development, but I am unsure on what members in practice may think.

Your advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I think it is an excellent idea.

Whereabouts are you based?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Have you any friends or family that have an accountant maybe throught them they can arrange a few hours a week experience.
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Yes would be a good way to get all round experience. Have you tried perhaps contact local accountancy firms in your local area and see if they can help you.
  • smileyface
    smileyface Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    offering volutary work

Thanks very much for the responses. I think it will be a good opportunity for me. I'm from the west midlands area. Not sure how I can advertise but I think I am going to investigate into it more.

:001_smile:
  • Timmne
    Timmne Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I would just be careful that people don't take you the wrong way, and take the view that they might be getting what they pay for, if you see what I mean!
Privacy Policy