Brain Mashed

Options
2»

Comments

• jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Brain dead, thats me too. and it makes me feel real stupid. i enjoyed FRA, passed it, enjoyed prof ethics, passed it, come to cash managemet and cred control and fell apart, i done a resit and im scared of the results although i studyed so hard, i even recorded my own voice on my mp3 an played it over and over. i now have to catch up on costing, and being a mother with four kids is real hard, thats not an excuse. I have litterally had brain shock and i feel i need to reset my brain. i took a day off college and now i have to catch up more so. cant wait till term. im going to book a holiday for real. This has put me off diploma level but deep inside i dont want to waste this opportunity if i pass intermediate. if i take a year out i may forget all ive done. stressed!

Well done on passing your FRA! I am struggling with that. I havent even started on Costing or Credit Control have organised my timetable to tackle those two in the second half of the year. I have found FRA a shock to the system after doing IAC last year. I have been trying to master the bits in FRA that I have struggled with and think my brain has now switched off (or burnt out)
    Julie:001_smile:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Brain dead, thats me too. and it makes me feel real stupid. i enjoyed FRA, passed it, enjoyed prof ethics, passed it, come to cash managemet and cred control and fell apart, i done a resit and im scared of the results although i studyed so hard, i even recorded my own voice on my mp3 an played it over and over. i now have to catch up on costing, and being a mother with four kids is real hard, thats not an excuse. I have litterally had brain shock and i feel i need to reset my brain. i took a day off college and now i have to catch up more so. cant wait till term. im going to book a holiday for real. This has put me off diploma level but deep inside i dont want to waste this opportunity if i pass intermediate. if i take a year out i may forget all ive done. stressed!

Funny thing is ive felt the exact same ever since i did NVQ in computerised accounts and bookeeping, but am now (i say lightly) starting to do ok on ECR so one more year and i have the AAT i think you need to think the same.

I know for a fact if i stopped now for a year out i would find it impossible to get back in to it.
  • KVeevers
    KVeevers Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    hi I’m doing FRA I confused but only on the rules and regulations i.e. FIFO LIFO AVCO and all the other is just remembering it all I thought due My ICB Level 2 I would go through it quite quick is just it want stuck into my head it’s like in one ear in and in the other out. Is unit 31 not as well Advance? What includes 31 someone told me there are 3 sections in, I know from 1 and that will be sage what about the other 2? Does someone know?

katrin
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    KVeevers wrote: »
    hi I’m doing FRA I confused but only on the rules and regulations i.e. FIFO LIFO AVCO and all the other is just remembering it all I thought due My ICB Level 2 I would go through it quite quick is just it want stuck into my head it’s like in one ear in and in the other out. Is unit 31 not as well Advance? What includes 31 someone told me there are 3 sections in, I know from 1 and that will be sage what about the other 2? Does someone know?

katrin

Sorry but doesnt FIFO LIFO AVCO come in to ECR not FRA? unit 31 are simulations
  • mikes
    mikes Registered Posts: 254 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    KVeevers wrote: »
    Is unit 31 not as well Advance? What includes 31 someone told me there are 3 sections in, I know from 1 and that will be sage what about the other 2? Does someone know?

The other 2 are Preparing reports and filling out a VAT return, then another about Health and Safety at work, dealing with people, planning timetables etc. Looking at the practice papers, it appears that the first 2 sections - reports and sage are done during the allocated time and then the third section for H&S is a one month project which you do in your own time.
  • KVeevers
    Options
    hi if i open my FRA folder in osborne books is on page 149 coomonlyused stock valuation : me and the books doesnt go well at the moment
  • whos that girl
    whos that girl Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    yeah thats right. lifo.fifo, avco is ECR. thats the only thing thats sticks in my head with Costing.
  • whos that girl
    whos that girl Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I havnt picked up a single book this week, i swore to rest my head. i feel like i can come back now but im trying not to think that i may be behind cuz thatll panick me. so im starting a fresh this week, thats if ive passed my CCMC resit. well ive booked a holiday, that cheered me up for a day. i now its no consolation but its reassuring to know that im not the only one feeling this way. thanks guys. i really hope we all do well.
  • KVeevers
    Options
    Jeah me to, im going to germany for a week to see my family at least i have a free babysitter . And a big 30 years birthdayparty im so looking forward to that break..
Privacy Policy