Euro-gazillions

Options
2»

Comments

• AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    My point being if you won a few million and had 5 years living the lifestyle that comes with that sort of money, could you go back to being on a £15k income?
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    erm?? wish i was on 15k ??
  • AdamR
    Options
    Me too actually!
  • mark130273
    Options
    mind you dont think i would waste the 85 mill !!!
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I know I couldn't go back to being on a £15k income - I don't think I could go back to any sort of work!

After having a week off this week I don't want to go back!
  • AdamR
    Options
    You'd do well to spend it anytime soon! Might try and bribe the ICAEW with a few 100k to give me a qualification; if not I'd stay in work I think! Couldn't imagine not going to work...
  • AdamR
    Options
    Gem7321 wrote: »
    I know I couldn't go back to being on a £15k income - I don't think I could go back to any sort of work!

After having a week off this week I don't want to go back!

Go back to £15k? What do you do??? I started on £5,200 at 16 and I'm only on £13k now!:crying:
  • Gem7321
    Options
    I hate going to work, I only work because I have to. I'd much rather be a lady who lunches :001_tongue:

And I definitely couldn't go back to £15k considering I'm on more than that now :huh:
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    PAMDILL wrote: »
    Never mind doing anything for £25K I come cheap, anything for £1200

hmmmm, there seems to be a reverse bidding war going on here....'who will do 'anything' for the least'.... what if I offer you £2.27, a rubber band, a half eaten pack of polos and 20 shares in RBS??

... I'd like you to juggle geese on a unicyle, whilst singing the songs of mama mia

...in a chicken costume, of course
  • Gem7321
    Options
    AdamR wrote: »
    Go back to £15k? What do you do??? I started on £5,200 at 16 and I'm only on £13k now!:crying:

My payrise for finishing AAT was pretty good, and I have lots of extra responsibilities at work. And I still can't get a flippin mortgage!

My other halfs gutted cos I'm earning £76pa more than him :001_tongue:
  • AdamR
    Options
    Are you in practice? I got £250 lol. Although I've got CCAB study and atleast 10 weeks per year off with all the courses. Add on fees of £1000 per course, 4 per year hopefully, accommodation for 50 nights at bare minimum of £30/night I guess it soon adds up!
  • AdamR
    Options
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    hmmmm, there seems to be a reverse bidding war going on here....'who will do 'anything' for the least'.... what if I offer you £2.27, a rubber band, a half eaten pack of polos and 20 shares in RBS??

... I'd like you to juggle geese on a unicyle, whilst singing the songs of mama mia

...in a chicken costume, of course

Hang on, if you give me the 20 shares in RBS I'll want you to juggle on the uni-cycle, wearing the chicken costume and singing mama mia!
  • Gem7321
    Options
    Are you in practice? I got £250 lol. Although I've got CCAB study and atleast 10 weeks per year off with all the courses. Add on fees of £1000 per course, 4 per year hopefully, accommodation for 50 nights at bare minimum of £30/night I guess it soon adds up!

Yeah I'm in practice. I think they're trying to make up for screwing me over in the past!
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    Hang on, if you give me the 20 shares in RBS I'll want you to juggle on the uni-cycle, wearing the chicken costume and singing mama mia!
    :laugh:

Damn, I tried to sneak it in on the end there, hoping no one would notice :lol:
  • AdamR
    Options
    I made the mistake of telling my new employers how little I was being paid at my first job when I had my interview. Still, I own a flat and pay all the bills each month so I have independence for less than £10,000pa net:001_smile:
  • AdamR
    Options
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    :laugh:

Damn, I tried to sneak it in on the end there, hoping no one would notice :lol:

No such luck, sorry! Although I bank with them so I probably should have a little bit more faith in them!
  • Jon_1984
    Jon_1984 Registered Posts: 186 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Personally I would take the 5 from the 85 and stick it in some sort of account - even without interest it would give you over 60K PA for 75 years. Then I would do whatever I felt like with the rest:thumbup1:
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    I own a flat and pay all the bills each month so I have independence for less than £10,000pa net:001_smile:
    And your company is paying for your course?? I officially hate you now. :glare:

:001_tongue:
  • AdamR
    Options
    Best bit of all the company is an ACCA practice with only 8 other staff. I managed to talk them into applying to being an ICAEW training practice so I could do my preferred qualification!
  • Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I work in industry. Company always offering courses and development routes, but at the moment it's just the wrong time for me personally to do anything like that. With 2 young children, I don't want to be going to college, i'd much rather spend my spare time with the kids.
    When they're at school, then I'll start a course, though maybe it won't be AAT / CIMA and the like, not sure yet - my role is diverse so maybe a business approach would be better suited.
    I currently work in the accounts department tackling all sorts of issues from reporting to money laundering and all this has come from on the job experience.
    Funny how that when I firat started work, I had lots of spare cash when I was on a lowly £10,000 yet now I am skint and earn 150% more! - True the more you earn the more you spend - so... I'm guessing with my share of the prize money, I'll pay off my mortgage, get married, put an education fund away for each of the kids and a further misc saving fund for each of them too, buy a farm and stables and start a horse training business and live comfortably on the rest. ROLL ON EUROS!
  • Gem7321
    Options
    Ooh can I help wiht the horses? :001_smile: I can get a great deal on a 2yo Irish Draught x Thoroughbred!
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Jon_1984 wrote: »
    Personally I would take the 5 from the 85 and stick it in some sort of account - even without interest it would give you over 60K PA for 75 years. Then I would do whatever I felt like with the rest:thumbup1:
    I'd go along with that one, although I would not need it to be for 75 years so I could live large for a shorter time, sounds good.

Right now the thought of lying on a desert island under a parasol being served cold drinks by a hunk in a trunk sound verrry good.
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    PAMDILL wrote: »
    I'd go along with that one, although I would not need it to be for 75 years so I could live large for a shorter time, sounds good.

Right now the thought of lying on a desert island under a parasol being served cold drinks by a hunk in a trunk sound verrry good.

OOOOh can I come too........do you have access to Hunks in Trunks:lol::lol:
  • mark130273
    Options
    Diannew wrote: »
    OOOOh can I come too........do you have access to Hunks in Trunks:lol::lol:
    im your man for that dianne !!!
    hahahaha:tongue_smilie:
Privacy Policy