Express Accounts

Options
TAB
TAB Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor โญ
Hi all....does anybody know whether Express Accounts has an option to create a purchase ledger within the basic free package?

Comments

• Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Yep you can maintain a purchase ledger. You use it the same way as sage, raise invoices in the supplier page and you can run aged reports etc.

Does anyone know how to turn off the stock counting feature? I want to be able to post directly to the closing stock codes. The only way I've found of posting closing stock as a journal is to create new stock codes as current assets/COS codes.

Thanks
  • TAB
    Options
    Thanks Gem7321 but can you tell me how to bring up the suppliers page please? I've been trying for a while and reading the help pages but cant figure it out!!
  • Gem7321
    Options
    Just click on the suppliers quick-link on the bottom left, underneath customers, or on the tool bar go to suppliers - suppliers home. Then you get all the buttons to raise an invoice, create a new supplier, pay an invoice etc.
  • TAB
    Options
    I'll give it a go...thanks very much for your help.
  • Gem7321
    Options
    Good luck :thumbup: once you've got used to where everything is it's a good package. Apart from the stock thing!
  • TAB
    Options
    Hi Gem7321.....apologies for asking about this subject again but I cant find an option to create invs for suppliers. What I have on Express Accounts is the option to make payments, receive money, make a journal entry & reconcile accounts. Ive now downloaded Express Invoice which allows me to create an invoice, apply payments and to have an unpaid account report but this is for customers & not suppliers. Any advice would appreciated.
  • Gem7321
    Options
    You shouldn't need to download anything else. Are we both talking about the microsoft office express accounting?

When I look at the suppliers home page it's the first button, or if you go to suppliers in the toolbar it's the 3rd option down.
  • TAB
    Options
    No this is Express Accounts v.2.08 by NCH Software....no wonder I couldnt find it, lol. Thanks for replying.
  • Gem7321
    Options
    In Microsoft express accounts when I go to make a bank payment a box pops up asking what type of payment it is, a supplier payment, a refund, or an employee reimbursement. Is there any way I can turn this off? Most of the payments I post this way will be expenses like bank charges etc.

Also does anyone know how I can turn off the stock counting feature?

• Gem7321
    Options
    In Microsoft express accounts when I go to make a bank payment a box pops up asking what type of payment it is, a supplier payment, a refund, or an employee reimbursement. Is there any way I can turn this off?

I've now found that if you use 'Issue payment' rather than 'enter payments' you don't have this box!
  • TAB
    Options
    Is that a free package that you use Gem? Could you let me have the link if it is please.
  • Gem7321
    Options
  • TAB
    Options
    Thanks Gem....im gonna give it a go.
Privacy Policy