Help

Options
Flipflop
Flipflop Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi, can anyone offer any help or advice. I am trying to study for DFS, PEV & PCR and finding DFS quite difficult. I am not in employment and am trying to study at home around 3 small children. I finished college last year so am on my own.

I live in Cornwall and could travel to near by seminars if there are any on offer.

Perhaps I am not cut out for it??:confused1:

Comments

• Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Steve is running seminars on DFS - it might be worth dropping him a line to see if he's doing one in the area http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=21372
  • Ampsie
    Ampsie Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Flipflop,

I'm doing the same units as you through home study. With kids and full time work so i know how difficult it is - don't give up!

I'm doing the diploma route but the coursework i get is the same as nvq.
    If you want to chat about DFS or get stuck feel free to ask or pm me. I can't guarantee i'll have the answers but two heads are better than one!

When are you taking exams? Are you doing all 3 in June?

Ampsie
    :001_smile:
  • Flipflop
    Options
    Thanks, may well do, hoping to do all three in June, I know will be hard but already put off a year due to new baby so really want to get it done. Sorry call me stupid, PM?
  • Flipflop
    Options
    :lol: Just twigged.:thumbup:
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    i was going to do those 3 aswell in june, but due to money shortage am now only doing pev and pcr, i am on the nvq route so if you need to chat etc pm me too

i will try and help

tracy
  • Ampsie
    Ampsie Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I'm going for all of them in June.
    Think i'll be crawling around in a little pool of sweat by then and my family will have forgotton what i look like!
    lol!

Ampsie
    :001_smile:
  • SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I have just finished pcr and fra and passed both... What in particular did you need help with?
  • Flipflop
    Options
    Hi, thanks for offer of help, just doing DFS book at the moment but may pick you brains when get on to the other book
  • dobbieobby
    dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I'm doing my Unit 8 and 9 exam in June as well. Also on homestudy. Read the whole of the book at the weekend. Are you REALLY meant to remember all of the formula's??? There's loads! PANIC!!!
  • spurschic1@yahoo.com
    spurschic1@yahoo.com Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I've just started the Technician level and am finding DFS soooo boring! Does it get anymore interesting?!:confused1:
  • Flipflop
    Options
    I know there is sooooo much to remember in 8, 9 and 11,. DFS does get a bit more interesting, I quite enjoyed the consolidated accounts bit, how sad, anyway getting the books out now, good luck.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    i am really enjoying units 8 & 9 am about halfway through the BPP book and so far all ok. remembering the formulas is difficult, but as one comes along i am writing it down with an explanation. i am holding off doing past papers until i have read the whole book.

then i will see how much has gone in and then do some refresher learning
Privacy Policy