Btc june 2009 exams

Options
Yestin
Yestin Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor ⭐
Hello,

Does any know if the June 2009 BTC exam is going to be totally different to the ones in the past? I know percentages have changed but can the format really change that much?

The reason I ask is that I find the passed paper very helpful in preparing and if they now hold no relevance in regards to layout and practice on how the questions will be asked I fear the worst....Nooooooooooooo :crying:

Comments

• CelticStar
    CelticStar Registered Posts: 142 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I bought the BPP book last year (I think they revise them each year so they are relevant with regard to tax rates etc). They usually have quite a few past papers in them so that you can practice. I found them very helpful last year.

Hope that helps.
  • garry_coombs
    garry_coombs Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I would say that it cant change drastically, because one of the main things is the capital allowance calculation, which is done in a particular way which by all logic shouldnt change.

Maybe there would be different knowledge questions, but thats where revision comes in as vital, as long as you know what you are talking about then you should be able to do it just fine.

I learnt this from a book and just learnt everything and was able to pass the exam.
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    There are some changes to the BTC and PTC exams in 2009. Full details can be seen here http://www.aat.org.uk/students/newscontent/item13117/.

The Osborne books have been updated to reflect these changes, so it is important to study from up-to-date materials.
  • dobbieobby
    dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Where do I get the osbourn books from please? I only have the AAT books as I'm on homestudy.
  • jilbo
    jilbo Registered Posts: 197 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Direct from Osborne http://www.osbornebooks.co.uk/home or try Amazon
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Kaplan book

My Kaplan book is also updated, the release is Aug 2008 and cover the features of the AAT word document
Privacy Policy